Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shop Config not working...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindyatdolce
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - September 07 2007 :  11:25:10  Show Profile  Visit cindyatdolce's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To make a long story short, my company's website was handed to me with what seemed to be missing elements for the shopping cart to be editable. The website was 100% working at one point, but the shopping cart was integrated with another service before it was given to me, and it looks like it wasn't separated from that service to be 100% functional on its own. We can retrieve orders, but none of the configuration links work to be able to make content changes. I do mostly front end website work (Dreamweaver/Basic Flash/HTML/CSS) and don't know ASP, so I'm really at a loss for what is wrong with it.

It looks like there might be some files missing and/or some incorrect settings. Our one username/password for the Control Panel doesn't seem to have all administration rights (I get an Unauthorized administrator error for the Set Up page, shopa_config.asp, and no links on the Occasional Tasks tab). Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do at this point to figure this out?

I know this is kind of general and vague, so I apologize, but at this point I'm either looking at outsourcing a programmer or getting new shopping cart software – both of which seem like a waste.

Thanks for any advice!

Cindy

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 07 2007 :  11:43:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd say delve into the raw database and look up the admin logins from there, I won't mention the table names here for security reasons, but you'll see them easily once you see the table list; chances are that there's another admin user which they didn't tell you about that has fuller access.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)