Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Multi-shipping?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pogeystickjoe
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - September 05 2002 :  22:32:53  Show Profile  Visit pogeystickjoe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, has anyone ever had to deal with shipping multiple items to different multiple addresses? I need an add-on like this. Let me know if there is anything out there.

digitaldi
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - December 17 2003 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Visit digitaldi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For our application, sometimes customers will want to supply one address for all products in an order and sometimes customers will want to supply separate addresses for each product in an order. When I set xdeliveryaddress450=Yes, xdeliveryrequired450=yes, and xdeliveryshipping450=yes the application always requires the user to fill out an address for each product in an order. This is cumbersome and frustrating for customers who want to send all items to one address.

If I set xdeliveryaddress450=Yes, xdeliveryrequired450=NO, and xdeliveryshipping450=Yes then the user is never given a change to enter an address for each product in the order.

Is there any way to prompt the user to see if they are shipping to multiple addresses before requiring that they fill out an address for each item in the order?

Diane
http://www.pageforwarddesign.com

Edit by Diane: I solved this problem for my site by instructing the user to go to the shopping cart and add multiple addresses before checking out. It would be better if the multiple address feature flowed throught the checkout process and did not require the user to go to the shopping cart tp edit the addresses prior to checking out.

Edited by - digitaldi on December 17 2003 12:09:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00