Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Products Import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nevyana
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 30 2007 :  16:08:38  Show Profile  Visit nevyana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
When populating the products table, eventhough a category is specified to match to the categoryid in the category table, the product is not displayed in the shopping cart. All fields are identical to a produc that I have created thru the Admin-interface. What cld I be missing ?
Rgrds
Neviana

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 30 2007 :  20:19:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Try running convertproducts.asp.

Also, when importing make sure you have the categories and sub-categories listed in the level3 field and separated by a comma.

For example:

This lets VPASP know that you have categories that this product is to be assigned to and the Import Manager will associate these automatically for you.

Have a look at the following Chapter in our User Guide for more info:

5.11.1.2 Convertproducts.asp

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nevyana
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 31 2007 :  10:18:23  Show Profile  Visit nevyana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello, i tried that and it does not work out. I have the same issue going on where the products table is populated and the records show under admin-products but do not show in the shopping cart. I did compare all the fields against a record that is showing in the shopping cart.
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - August 31 2007 :  10:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might want to also check the HIDE field. It should be set to 0 (=FALSE).
Go to Top of Page

nevyana
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 31 2007 :  11:02:40  Show Profile  Visit nevyana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I tried that too.
Go to Top of Page

nevyana
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 31 2007 :  11:44:16  Show Profile  Visit nevyana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,
I have had the Hide field set to NULL instead of 0. That, along with the convertproducts.asp helped me solve the issue. Thanks for your support.

Rgrds
Neviana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00