Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Inventory Display Type = Quantity, Modify Layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joser007
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 15 2007 :  11:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I modify the layout for the sub products when using Quantity for the Inventory Display Type?

Currently it only shows:
Quantity Box CName Cprice

I would like to change to order of the layout and some other product fields and dress it up with CSS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - August 15 2007 :  11:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to edit the tmp_product.htm file in the httpdoc folder on the ftp server.

remember to make a backup of this file in case u screw up.

things like [SPECIAL_ORDERBUTTON] etc are called in fields of of your product like cname
Go to Top of Page

joser007
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 17 2007 :  11:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have already modified the tmp_product.htm file, however, this is not where i need the modification.

I need to modify the layout of the sub products that get created when you select Quantity for the Inventory Display Type on the main product (User Manual: 3.16.8.2 What are Inventory/Sub-Products?)

Currently they display this way (Example A): http://apparelstickers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&cat=Size+Strips
See layout between Inventory and Order button.

However, I would like them to display this way (Example B).
http://apparelstickers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=Pants+Sizers
Product layout is tabulated and organized.

The benefit in creating the items as a sub products is that you can specify all of the quantities for the sub products and click the order button once. This adds all of the quantities in one click to the shopping cart as individual products.

I have already modified the tmp_productformatinvent.htm which affects the layout for main product (Example B). However, I cannot figure out how to modify the [FormatProductOptions sub] to make the sub products layout appear like the initial example (Example A).
Go to Top of Page

Amy
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - October 03 2007 :  01:40:18  Show Profile  Visit Amy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hear you loud and clear. I can't figure it out either. Got any response somewhere else?
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - October 21 2007 :  13:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any word on this yet? If there is no template can someone point us to the asp file that contains that formatting?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  10:18:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

The "Quantity" type sub-products doesn't use a template to format its display.

To change the formatting, you will need to modify the sub routine "FormatInventoryQuantity" located around line 394 in the file shopproductinventory.asp

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00