Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Link in Shop Content
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 03 2007 :  14:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I'm working on one of my pages in view/edit content, I would like to link the word FAQ to shopcontent.asp?type=faq how do I do this, I don't see any referance to this in the manual.

Thanks for any help

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 04 2007 :  03:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Angus,

first you need to create a new content record in the Admin panel, call it FAQ. Add all you FAQ information to this record.

Then you need to add a new language record eg. langFAQ with the caption FAQ

Open shoppageheader.htm and find the start of the information Box (approx line 100 in v6.50). You should see lines of code that reference the shopcontent.asp page

Add this line of code:
<li><a href="shopcontent.asp?type=FAQ"><%=Server.HTMLEncode(getlang("langFAQ"))%></a></li>
to the other links

This will now display the word FAQ in the Information Box and link to your FAQ content record.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 04 2007 :  03:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have added that you can use this link (with or without the <li> tags) in any other pages. It doesn't have to be in the information box.

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 05 2007 :  09:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol

Thanks for your answer. I have another question on the same subject, when I go into add/edit content, not on the FAQ page I have just created, I go to the content body box and add the text, within the text I have a few words that I would like to link from to say FAQ, in the content body box you have choices, example add picture, cut, paste, add link, I go to add link and a box appears with the choices, Source, Bookmark, Target, TiTle. my problem is I don't know how to fill that box to get the results I want.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  02:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Angus,

In the box for source choose http:// (if it is linking to a standard page on your site)
In the box beside source you need to type in the full path to the page eg.www.yoursite.co.uk/newpage etc etc
In the target box just leave as it is (unless you want the page to open up in a new window in which case choose blank)
In the title box you can give the page a title if required.

Regards,
Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Angus1
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  06:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol

You have been a great help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic