Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Canada Post Error on quantity shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - July 27 2007 :  17:43:52  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Canada post is giving me a

Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=2
OK - Default values provided.

error message when I try to add 20 of these 0.2 kg money belts.
http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=9167

I called Canada Post and they said because the server takes over 30 seconds to calculate the cost it times out and reverts to the default values. Unfortunately canadapostxml.asp isn't able to deal with the default values.

Any suggestions on how I can turn on the default values to allow for quantity shipments would be helpful.

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - July 27 2007 :  17:48:10  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention that this error occurs with shipments to the U.S. from Canada
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - August 01 2007 :  09:57:34  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is a different canada post file that deals with the default values?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 07 2007 :  18:42:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have done some testing on this on my local computer and I don't think it should take that long to calculate the rates.

If it reverts to the default values, surely you aren't going to get an accurate costing for your postage?

Would it be possible for you to post this as a ticket in our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk with your FTP and admin details so that we can investigate this for you?

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - August 08 2007 :  09:03:43  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's the server at Canada post that times out. If Canada Post's server takes longer then 30 seconds to calculate a shipping cost for Xpresspost, Expedited and Small Packet. We tried removing small packet as an option and Canada Posts server still took to over 30 seconds to calculate the shipping.

The default values I was told that Canada Post generated that we weren't able to receive due to not being able to get the default rates were slightly more then when I picked a smaller quantity of money belts. I was surprised that the default values would be so close. I picked the item we were shipping so it wasn't a fixed test from there end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00