Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 shopcreateorder.asp Country Name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neilt
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - July 12 2007 :  10:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using 6.50.1.

When placing an order and reaching shopcreateorder.asp the Country Names are shown as codes instead of the full name. This then follows through to shopthanks and the confirmation emails.

I think this looks a bit confusing/amateur - does anyone know if there is a simple way round it?

Thanks

Neil

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - July 13 2007 :  00:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not open the country table and change the country names to full? Might be easier in access.

Thanx
S.
Go to Top of Page

Neilt
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - July 18 2007 :  10:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for responding Scooter. The problem has been solved by BigYellowZone who are doing some other work for us. I believe they have an add-on available to do this.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 18 2007 :  11:20:03  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; we did fix it; we just created a small function to find the corresponding name for a given code on the table and then called that in the relevant place.

prior to vpasp 6.5, the country codes/names weren't in the database, but now they are, so our "country code to name" addon will be updated over the next few days to cater for the 6.5 situation (it already caters for the pre-6.5 situation) so that the same logic can be used on the order email templates etc.

(strictly speaking, our country-code-to-name addon isn't really doing quite the right thing for 6.5 yet, although the end results for it will still be correct on 6.5 unless for some reason you've remapped your country codes to different names)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on July 18 2007 11:32:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000