Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 VPASP Fraud Alert - First Chargeback saved!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - July 04 2007 :  21:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you VPASP and Cam for putting up with my questions!!!!!!!!!!

I added you Fraud Alert to our site and we had our first scummy order today and it got picked up by you code.

Paid for itself in one go.

S.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 04 2007 :  21:37:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Scooter,

Glad it worked for you guys! And no problems about the questions. That is what we are here for.

We use it ourselves and it regularly picks up dodgy orders.

Thanks!
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - July 04 2007 :  21:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took little while to convince boss to sign up but me wonderboy now around office!

Got any more addons like this? Think I could sell them to boss easy!

S.
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - July 05 2007 :  20:58:41  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where is this add on?

What does it do?

I pick off fraud orders all the time, but if there is an autmatic way, I am game. What we do not is backtrack the IP and that at least does away with the forgin fraud.

I am also suspicious of anyone using yahoo or gmail addresses.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 05 2007 :  21:13:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mitch,

We have a new module for detecting fraudulent orders called VP-ASP Fraud Alert.

We have been using it in-house now for nearly a year and have finally released it for our customers as a module.

Being a software company we are a natural target for fraudsters trying to use stolen credit cards.

Since we started using it our chargebacks plummeted from 10 or so a month to virtually 0. We have only had 2 chargebacks in the past 6 months as a result.

We are about to set it up with the first month free so you can test yourself to see how well it works. If you like it you just keep using it and if not then you can just cancel the subscription.

It is not an automatic block although it could certainly be coded to work this way. What you have is a new link in your view orders page which when clicked provides a summary and a fraud score out of 10.

For example any order that comes in for us that is over 2.5 we call to confirm. The whole checking process used to be manual but now everything is done automatically and rated as to the likelihood of an order being suspect.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/fraudcheck.htm

It has saved us a lot of money over the past 12 months. Not so bad really for us as our software is a download but if you have physical goods and you mail goods to a fraudster they will have your products and the bank will take back the money paid leaving you completely out of pocket.

Have this happen with a few big ticket items for example and you will soon know about it.

It is not 100% but it will pick up over 99% of suspect orders.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

SDCPieter
VP-CART New User

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - June 17 2008 :  08:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are predominantly a gift site, meaning that people in the UK would order gifts for their family and friends who moved to Australia. This will obviously mean a lot of orders will be flagged as potential fraud seeing as though the estimated distance of IP address placing the order and the address would be calculated into things?

-
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 17 2008 :  09:03:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Very good question.

If you use the shipping form then the Fraud Alert system would calculate the rating based on the IP and the billing address.

It will be up to you as to whether you wanted to send a gift to somewhere like say Nigeria.

No system is perfect but the Fraud Alert system does give you a good heads up as to whether an order should be looked at more thoroughly.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00