Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Printer Friendly Pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - July 03 2007 :  00:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody ever make a mod for printer friendly pages ?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 03 2007 :  02:00:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can use a page called shopmerge.asp to create your printer friendly page.

Using shopmerge.asp you can use a link such as follows to reference a template, data table, .

You could create your own printable page quite easily by using the following link:

shopmerge.asp?id=[contentid]&idfield=contentid&table=content&template=tmp_print.htm

Create a tmp_print.htm template and reference this in the link above by adding it to the tmp_product.htm page.

You can insert it so it acts as a pop up if you like as well.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - August 20 2007 :  15:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,
Thanks for the reply. I actually tried this and received a error.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07'

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

/shopfileio.asp, line 1330
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 21 2007 :  09:27:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

To display for example a content page try a link like:

http://www.vpasp.com/demo650/shopmerge.asp?id=2&idfield=contentid&table=content&template=tmp_content.htm

You will need to tweak the template you use as there are a number of sub routines in the standard templates you will not be able to use.

You can only use in the template direct calls to fields that exist in the database.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - August 22 2007 :  11:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,
Thanks for the rep
Is this a direct call to a field [translate cname] can it be used ?

What is a sub routine ?

In this url shopmerge.asp?id=[contentid]&idfield=contentid&table=content&template=tmp_print.htm is the [contentid] field supposed to be filled in by me ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 24 2007 :  02:34:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are 2 ways to populate your templates with data.

method 1:
[SPECIAL_ORDERBUTTON]

This calls a sub routine located in shopfileio.asp in this instance.

When using the shopexd.asp file to render your template this call is fine however this will not work when using shopmerge.asp.

Method 2:
[cstock]

This is a direct call to the database grabbing data from a field that exists in the table you want to display data from.

This type of field can have a sub routine included with it in the instance of CPRICE.

[FORMATCUSTOMERPRICE cprice]

You would only be able to use the display as:
[cprice]

You would need to manually add in the currency symbol into the template itself

$[cprice]

So while shopmerge.asp allows you to display data from any table you are a bit limited in what you can do.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - October 23 2009 :  13:07:37  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone do this for the products? We have a lot of literature for some of our products and it would be nice to have something in a printer-friendly format.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - October 23 2009 :  21:23:18  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone making printer friendly product pages? It would be great to use this, but I saw nothing in the help notes. I just need something for products. I suppose I could make my own....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00