Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 different ''shoppage_header.htm''
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jon
Starting Member

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - August 28 2002 :  08:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

is it possible to have a different shoppage_header.htm file on different pages?
I want a different page on shopaddtocart.asp, shopcustomer.asp, shopcreateorder.asp, and wpshopcheckout.asp.

Anyone know how to do this ? thanks for any help.

jon

elliotporter
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - March 06 2003 :  20:33:05  Show Profile  Visit elliotporter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to have a different header/footer for different main categories?

Thanks,
Elliot

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - March 13 2003 :  10:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You cetainly could do this. If you insert CASE statements into shopdisplacategories.asp you will be able to select which header file you want to display depending upon which category you are in.

We have just done something similar to this for the following site we are developing for a customer. In this site the blue box details are an include file and which include file is selected depends upon which top level category is chosen.

http://www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=9&cat=For+men

If you click on any of the Gifts links you will see a different blue bow appear.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail: http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net

Edited by - cam on March 29 2003 23:02:58
Go to Top of Page

rodney
VP-CART New User

USA
75 Posts

Posted - March 29 2003 :  18:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam

How did you do the left and right navigation

quote:

You cetainly could do this. If you insert CASE statements into shopdisplacategories.asp you will be able to select which header file you want to display depending upon which category you are in.

We have just done something similar to this for the following site we are developing for a customer. In this site the blue box details are an include file and which include file is selected depends upon which top level category is chosen.

http://smartgiftsolutionscouk.site.securepod.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=9&cat=For+men

If you click on any of the Gifts links you will see a different blue bow appear.

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail: http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net

-Rodney
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - March 31 2003 :  02:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon,

All pages that show the shopping header or trailer have lines in them that reference ShopPageHeader or ShopPageTrailer. These are around lines 53 - 55. What Howard is saying to comment this out with an apostrophe in front ' that way that line will not be executed thus not showing the header. Below it add the lines
%>
<!--#include file="headerforthisfile.asp"-->
<%

Replace headerforthisfile.asp with the name of the header file you create. Same goes for the trailer.

If you are using the left navigation header then you need to surround the left nav part with if .... then code to display the page or not depending on the conditions you set such as if the page is <> to shopcreateorder.asp, display this.

My header and trailer is full of conditions and java that turn on/off and move things around depending on conditions that the cart is presently seeing from the customers actions.

Go to Top of Page

maduko
VP-CART New User

52 Posts

Posted - February 16 2004 :  15:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread finally answered a question I had on adding "timeline navigation" to our cart. The breadcrumb navigation seems secondary to showing customers where they are in the purchase process. See my comments on this thread.

It's not perfect but our cart now shows a five step process across the top of all pages: www.pei.org/shopping

I used the original shoppage_header as a template, then created four more files like it. The only difference being which word is highlighted. I then assigned the new headers to shopaddtocart.asp (step 2), shopcustomer.asp (step 3), shopcreateorder.asp (step 4) and step 5 was assigned to shopcheckout.asp and shopthanks.asp. One problem I ran into was checkout will display step 1 if you enter a bogus credit card. I tried to replace the second instance of the header but it produced an error regarding "dim msg" being redefined.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

ah
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - March 19 2004 :  14:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Is there a way to use the header.htm file that I saved under the root folder instead of using shoppage_header.htm that's in the Shop folder? Does the name of the header file for all the shop cart related pages has to be "shoppage_header.htm?"

plz advice. thanks!!!!!!!!!

ali

Go to Top of Page

awdesigner
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 17 2004 :  18:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how can we have different header and footer for different categories?
can you please advice in detail.
Thanks, Lewis
Go to Top of Page

kuzerman
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - November 04 2004 :  23:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to add different headers for dsifferent catagory pages.
in shopdisplayproducts or shopdisplaycatagories it is not a problem. I just put

if highercategoryid = 1
then shopheader2

but how do I use this for shopexd.asp ?
I cannot call highercatagoryid!!!
Please Help
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  07:14:48  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

Is there a definative answer to this one

I was kinda hoping it would be in one of the upgrades

Cheers

Alan
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  17:19:03  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you've got our "product showcase" addon, then that will help, as that sets up a byz categoryid across all product/category pages (shopdisplaycategories.asp, shopdisplayproducts.asp, and shopexd.asp) so that you could then use that byz category variable in your main header file rather than having to embed the calls individually in your shopexd/shopdisplaycategories pages etc.

we use that so that the addon can use context-sensitive product-showcase chunks across any page.

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

After installing that addon, you'd then simply use the variable "xconfig_byz_showcase_products_categoryid" in your header file, as that variable will by then already be setup automatically for you.

If you've already got that addon, but it's an early version that doesn't have the category-sensitive setup in it, then just post a support ticket on our support area and ask for an upgrade.

On a similar topic, we've also got a pending addon which will let you use templates for your "category include" that you put into the top of your shopdisplayproducts page when viewing categories. At the moment, on normal vpasp, you can use the catextra field to hold the name of an html that you want to include at the top of the shopdisplayproducts pages for a given category (ie to show blurb about the category being viewed), but that simply gets read/written as-is at browser-load time; we've recently done a tweak where it treats that include like a category template instead and hence you can then use template-fields to reference category columns and also use other template-fields if you want to do dynamic stuff in it. I'll make a posting on the forum when that's packaged/released; it's a fairly small/simple addon/tweak, but potentially a really nice option to have.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 26 2007 17:28:33
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  17:50:55  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see a lot if sites started putting remarked out tags in the header.

Cam did it on the one above

<!-- This website offers gift hampers, gift baskets and baby gifts for both corporate and personal occasions, we offer wedding gifts, champagne and experience days too throughout the UK -->

I made my system do it too, but does this really help the search engines? Do they skip over it, or do they grab it as the first text seen?
Go to Top of Page

perinius
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - June 14 2007 :  20:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several ways you could this.
If you create your different headers, say shoppage_header1.asp, shoppage_header2.asp, shoppage_header3.asp, . . . . Then research "case select asp" in google and "Asp server variables" you can acheive what you are after.
Basically the way it works is you decide which page has what header and then you call the server variable to read the URL of your page you are on which coordinates with your header selection.
Now put your new header selection code inside the original shoppage_header so that you don't need to go and manipulate every page that calls the header.

For example:
<%
Dim xheader,xURL
xURL = Request.servariable(URL)
Select Case xURL
Case "shopping/categories.asp"
xHeader="1"
Case "shopping/products.asp"
xHeader="2"
Case "shopping/contact.asp"
xHeader="3"
Case Else
xHeader="0"
End Select
%>
include file=shoppage_header<%=xHeader%>.asp

If all your headers are labeled with the number in the same spot you can call the appropriate header per page.
An alternative, depending on your situation, is to call the category variable inside vpasp instead of the URL.
Hope this helps.

Ben Paulsen
boardbag.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00