Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 VPASP content managment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
VP-CART New User

50 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  07:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some help with an initial setup. I followed the guide "User Manual ver 6.5" quite well. But I stacked when I tried to create new menue item in hor nav. I did it through control panel as per guide. But cant clearely undesrstand the info in chapter 7.2 of that tricky guide. Where to drop that snippet that would refer to a new content I created. When I click on that item from the browser I got "record not found". The new menue item associated with new content. I tried some default ones like shipping and it worked.

Another thing is the timeout of the control panel. The max I could setup was ~1400sec. VPASP reckons some coding is needed. Pls share your experience. I found it quite annoying to login every 15mins.

Cheers

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  17:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if you have already done this but it caught me out ... did you RELOAD menu ? new content wont show if you dont reload the menu

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

Alex
VP-CART New User

50 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  19:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes I reloaded numerous times. basically new menue item will work with any preloaded content items. I think some info is missing in some file that creates a link to new content. Is it a bug?

The guide says that is it seamless task to add new menue. Not in my case. the paragraph 7.2 does not say which file I have to create the link. Any idea?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - July 10 2007 :  00:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can create the link on any page you like, for example on default.htm

you can add the following link

<a href="shopcontent.asp?type=aboutus">About us</a>

it will show on your default.htm and will redirect people who click on it to abou us page
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00