Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 New VPASP Patch Upgrade: VPASP 6.50.1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  10:59:07  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Norton sucks anyway, Their corporate version sucks te least of the bunch, but still not a good product. Go with Norman or Sophos, or if you are poor (or paying with your own money), Avast or AVG Free.

I haven't been with VPASP a long time yet, but they have a lot better support than Norton, or a lot of companies for that matter, ever thought of having.

Bob Stone
IT Manager TECH Inc
Network Consultant specializing in Windows Server, virus prevention/recovery, and Exchange.
Custom ASP, CSS, SHTML, and JavaScript scripting service available upon request
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  18:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VPASP provides a service and the fee for that service is fair. Call it what you may, bugs, updates, improvements, etc. Environments change and paying an annual fee for their continued support at their price is a GOOD deal. I like having these guys around to back me and their product up and cannot see how anyone could quibble with their policies.

Edited by - saki on June 01 2007 18:36:22
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  19:10:35  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; I agree with that; I see it as no different to something like an isp or hosting fee; it's just a standard part of what you'd expect to pay if you're running a commercial website that you want to keep safe/secure/up-to-date.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on June 01 2007 19:11:37
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  19:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, It's a cost of running an online business. They are worth what they charge.
Go to Top of Page

jskv
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  19:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you are right I also left Norton and instead use Panda... cuz it's free....

I don't want to spend my time on discussing this and that but I am sure I am not the only one that are pissed but someone have to take the s..t...
Go to Top of Page

jskv
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  19:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it stinks when you charge people for your own misstakes but if you have some new features people think it's okey to pay for it...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00