Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Keyword Generation/Administration Tools
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  08:59:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've just released a new addon; it's our "KeyWord Administration Tools" (which also includes our "keywords template-fields" addon).

click here for full info:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=150

click here for demo:
http://vpasp60access.bigyellowzone.com/byz_kwa_admin_demo.asp

Enhances your keyword meta-tags for search engines.
Use category branches to help generate product keywords.
Source your product keywords from as many product columns as you want.
Source keywords from normal text columns and automatically strip-out html, translating html-formatted values into valid keywords.
Automatically cleans keywords.
Automatically eliminates duplicate keywords.
Enhances search results.
Included is our Keyword Template Fields which enables cross selling by keyword links shown on product pages.

Keyword Tools? What's it for? What's it do?
So, you've got lots of data that would be a good source for keywords, but it's spread-out across different columns, and on the categories, and it's not all in keyword format. And you want to somehow translate your category branches into keywords and put those onto the product keywords. How can you bring it all together so that you can generate a nice tidy set of fully relevant keywords on your products? Well, that's exactly what this tool does.

Details:

Demo:

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  20:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another valuable tool from BYZ. This one is great - has saved me heaps of time and produces excellent data.

Great work guys.
Go to Top of Page

MarkPavlich
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  06:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

Please send me the link for downloading my paid purchase, [red]order #1495.[/red] The "receipt" emailed me did not include the link. I wasn't able to access a means of downloading my purchase in the "My Account" at your site and I searched through the FAQ and ALL of the KnowledgeBase to find the link or instructions for accessing one's purchase(s) and could not find the info. It appears that other programmers here successfully download their purchases somehow.

I tried to find a phone number for the BigYellowZone.com online & found nothing.

Your bolt-ons appear to be worthwhile. I wish your basic email receipt was more complete and your support easier to access.

Thanks for your help,
Mark

Please email me directly at <[email protected]>
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  06:43:23  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi mark,

the zips have now all been emailed to you; if you haven't received them (eg if they go down a spam filter) then let us know.

Normally I'd create a knowledgebase topic to explain the download aspect, but in this instance that'd be wasted time because we'll soon be changing how downloads/upgrades are done.

At the moment, if you want to download an addon that you've bought (or a freebie that you've "purchased" at zero cost), then the download link will be shown on the "shopthanks" page after you've paid/placed the order.

If you miss that link, then to download later on, click on the my-account link at the top of our site, then login, and then view-previous-orders, and then click on the order number, and then you'll get the download link(s) for that order.

If anyone has any problems on that front, then just raise a support ticket on our help area ("ask a question" after clicking on the help link at the top) and we'll get it sorted out.

All of this aspect (and in particular the licensing/keying aspect too), will be streamlined/simplified/automated hugely within the next month when we'll be releasing our "live update" service/link which will look/work a bit similar to how things like the google-bar-update or windows-update works (but much quicker!). We'll be posting on the vpasp forum and sending out a mailshot when that's released.

For people who've already got our addons installed, the idea is that you can simply upload a handful of new files (with no config options or other manual changes needed at all; just upload the files as-is) to your site, and that'll automatically turn your "bigyellowzone products admin" screen into a fully functional up-to-date live-update popup where you can download/upgrade, request/delete domains etc etc.

For new customers who don't have our addons yet (and also for existing customers too), you'll also be able to access the "live-update" without having to have that admin screen (ie by just going to a link).

It'll all be explained fully later in june when it'll be released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on May 31 2007 08:19:53
Go to Top of Page

MarkPavlich
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - June 01 2007 :  03:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a million, Simon, for the extra time you spent emailing back and forth with me!

Your domain tools bolt-on worked perfectly and solved the problems at the site.

Kudos!

Thanks for posting the public information here regarding how to access your products.

I'd like to buy others in the future and I'm glad your streamlining the process.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks again!
Mark
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 02 2007 :  04:11:05  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick note to let people know, we've now upgraded the keyword tool addon so that as well as being able to source your product keywords from category branch values (and any number of product columns), we've added extra functionality to set the category meta-keywords that vpasp outputs to use the proper category keyword column.

So, as well as having product keywords which can be used for product meta-keywords or for product linked-text etc, you can also use the generated category keywords for your category meta-keywords.

Details:

Demo:

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on July 02 2007 04:20:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic