Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Order processed before payment gateway completed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jippybeale
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  06:09:46  Show Profile  Visit jippybeale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found an annoying bug in my VP-ASP store.

I am using HSBC CPI as a payment gateway, and that is the only option for payment when checking out.

I have noticed though that an order is added to the Orders table in the database once a user clicks on the "Pay by credit card" button on the checkout page and not once they have actually completed the payment on the HSBC website. If they close the window once they are through to the HSBC payment page, the order still remains in the Orders table, but without any details on the payment.
This means that I have a huge stack of "New Orders" every day that actually arent new orders at all as people havent completed the payment on the HSBC website, and have closed the window once they are through to the HSBC site.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening??

Thanks.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  06:45:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This is actually a powerful marketing feature to assist with closing sales. We ourselves use this for example to follow up on incomplete orders and see if there was a problem or if the customer has any questions.

You can set it so that if the customer clicks cancel order to haver the order deleted from the database but if they simply close the browser then there is no way by default to remove them automatically.

I would probably recommend against changing this as in the few cases where we have custom coded this for customers they have in the end switched it off as they were also losing real order details as well.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00