Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Limit on # of downloads?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  10:59:03  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went to download a payment gateway again and got this error "You have already downloaded your limit of 3". It was for the same gateway and I only needed to readme file to check out something. Why is there a limit on the numbers of times you can download the same free files?

As to why I am downloading the same thing multiple times. I am the IT manager (BTW I am the only one in dept) for a midsized not-for-profit company I have offices (well, 1 office and 2 server closets) spread over a decent sized city. So I regularly work on the same thing from 3 - 4 machines and regularly have multiple copies of the same documents.

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org

Edited by - stone5150 on May 08 2007 10:59:31

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  20:32:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do limit the number of times you can download modules for security.

If you require this to be extended please contact us through our help desk.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

ud03803
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  17:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I submitted it to the helpdesk - no response after 6 hours! I am not reall happy with support...
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  19:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ud03803

I submitted it to the helpdesk - no response after 6 hours! I am not reall happy with support...

That sort of delay is very unusual in my experience; VPASP's support is nothing short of fantastic.

Perhaps add an update to your ticket asking for a quick response?
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  21:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. No reply after 6 hours on a weekend and you complain?

What planet you on?

VPASP always give great support. They do more than anyone I have ever seen.

Some people. :-)

Thanx
S.
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  22:17:11  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know, I posted a Q on the help desk at midnight their time and they didn't get back to me for about 7 hours!!

Slackers, what are they doing sleeping at night?!?

=oP

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org

Edited by - stone5150 on May 11 2007 22:19:23
Go to Top of Page

ud03803
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  07:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, OK, before I am flamed from existance... They did respond last night at about 8:00pm. I did what one person suggested and posted an update - it seemed to help. Didn't mean to smack down a process that everyone seems to think works fine, that's what frustration can do...

I wonder, being a European company, if their support is there as well. That would explain the lack of response I got when I posted it at 1:30pm our time (6:30pm UK time) on a Friday. I should consider that in the future.

Thanks guys.

Edited by - ud03803 on May 12 2007 07:56:39
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  08:09:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problems and sorry for any delay!

Our head office is actually based in Australia although our support teams are spread across a number of different countries to ensure we cover as many time zones as possible.

Fridays are generally one of our busiest days as everyone seems to pump in as many questions as they can before the weekend so while we do try to get through everything as quickly as possible there are sometimes delays.

On weekends we offer emergency site down support however for non urgent requests it can take a bit longer for a reply to come back. We still try to get all queries covered but we do prioritize urgent requests from customers with live sites who are experiencing problems as compared to say development issues.

Monday to Friday we answer everything ASAP as we have full teams operating almost around the clock.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00