Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Why does the print order link only work once?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  18:51:48  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you click on "Click here to print your order" the first time the shopthanksprint.asp page comes up fine, but only once. You can't even refresh.

How do I change that?

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  04:30:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

It is set up this for security. If you remove that anyone later on will be able to simply load the page with your personal details.

I would strongly recommend not changing the way this works.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  04:42:52  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you wanted to, you could use our slip in place of the standard vpasp printer-friendly popup; it will automatically check if you're logged in as the user whose order you're trying to view (ie that that user's my-account session is still active, where their session customer id is the same as the customerid on the order they're trying to look at), and so won't let other people view it:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

the readme file that comes with that explains how to replace standard vpasp calls with the slip one instead, and you can still have some bits doing the standard vpasp display and others doing the slip.

If the user's session is active, then the person browsing the web on that session will be able to go to my-account area and view all their info anyway, so as long as the slip-print checks the user's session matches to the order they're trying to look at (which it does on our slip, but I'm not sure about the standard vpasp one), then I don't see any security implications on that front, although if there's something that I haven't thought of on the security front with that logic then I'm very open to suggestions/comments.

Allowing a refresh of "shopthanks.asp" itself would indeed be a bad move because it does so much more than just display the "receipt".

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 05 2007 04:50:05
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  08:49:37  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It only became a problem when I was trying to customize the page. I have to make an entirely new order each time I wanted to check it. I tried designing the HTML bit seperately on a new page but it didn't display exactly the same way on the shopthanksprint.asp page as it did on a purely HTML page.

The BYZ invoice thing looks cool, I will check it out further and talk to accounting people about maybe getting it.

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  09:04:55  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regarding the invoice add-on, is this the page customers would see when the go to print out invoice (minus the admin bit on the top of course)?
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/gallery/images/lrgmerchantprev.jpg

BTW you should consider adding target=_new to the end of the click to enlarge links. I closed out the page after looking at the first one.

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  12:29:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

similar, but not quite the same. That sample image is a snapshot of the admin's "resend customer html slip email" option, which shows a preview of what the html email would look like before you send it. The screen that the customer gets on their printer-friendly link popup is basically the same as that, apart from everything on/above the "Main Message Body:" label isn't shown.

The key bit which seems to match what you're after flexibility-wise is this:

"There are 4 versions included in the slip - two for Admin so that you can print your invoices/receipts/slips, and another two for the customer. Each of these 4 are individually configurable so that you can make your admin version different to the customer version, and you can install/use either of these or both."

ie there's:
1) Customer Screen PopUp Slip
2) Customer Order HTML Confirmation Email
3) Admin Screen PopUp Slip
4) Merchant Order HTML Confirmation Email

(and a resend/preview option for 2+4 within admin)

and you can use any combination of those (ie you don't have to use all of them; you can pick which ones you want to use)

By default all 4 of those will look the same, but you can tweak any one of them without effecting the others as they all use separate files. Likewise, tinkering with the slip files doesn't effect any other areas of vpasp.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on May 05 2007 12:32:47
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  14:36:19  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How hard is it to set it up?

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  14:46:22  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ah; good question; there's quite a lot of steps, but they're very well/clearly documented in the readme files for it.

you wouldn't need to have any programming knowledge to set it up; as long as you can use notepad to edit some of the files then you'd be fine; all the "notepad" changes are described in normal english and not jargon in the readme files, so it's easy to follow.

all our addons are modular, so the first one that you install will usually take longer than subsequent ones.

in this instance, it actually comes with 4 sub-modules, each one with its own readme file, and an overall readme file which explains the order of sub-module installation (always click on the "READMEFIRST" folder's readme file to get the overall picture before you look at the individual modules).

what people normally do would be to get the addon, and then read the readme files, and if it looks a bit scary/large for people then you're welcome to use our installation service, which is a one-off fixed fee where we'd install whatever byz addons you've bought on the last order or so. Technically we say that you should buy that service during the purchase of the addon, but realistically that doesn't happen too often; mostly people prefer to try it themselves first and if they find it too time-consuming or awkward then they'd buy the installation service afterwards; we're flexible on what addons can be counted as part of the installation. If you get half way through and then decide to give up and ask us to finish-off, then the same thing applies; just use 1 qty of the installation service and we'd check what's already been done and finish-off.

the slip is quite a big one to install, because it has so many options and types-to-use etc; it usually takes us about an hour to install/configure all of it (including the sub-modules) - my guess is that it'd probably take someone who's new to the addon about an hour and a half or 2 hours.

So, timewise it takes quite a bit compared to more "simple" addons like our prod/cat check/fix tool which are simple upload+go ones (the slip needs a lot more integration into existing vpasp files than things like totally new screens) - as I say, it's all clearly documented/explained in the readme files, so anyone can do it; just depends whether or not you'd have the time/inclination to do it yourself, or whether you'd rather get us to do it for you. I'd say have a look at the readme files first after you've bought the addon, and then see what you think; then buy the installation service afterwards if you feel you want/need to.

There are currently 17 steps in the readme file for installing the slip itself (but that includes setting up all 4 types; some bits can be missed-out depending on which bits you're after).

see:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=87

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on May 05 2007 15:04:59
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Does the NFP discount apply to the install charge as well?

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  03:50:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's the "nfp" discount? (ie is it some kind of coupon code that you've already got, or something else?) if it's a coupon code, then don't mention the code here, but let me know via email ([email protected]) or via a support ticket on our site.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  14:21:21  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Not-for-profit discount. I have a coupon code, but for obvious reasons I am not going to post it here. Does it apply to the install service too?

Update: I got your email shortly after I posted this

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org

Edited by - stone5150 on May 07 2007 14:45:08
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  08:20:51  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Does the invoice add-on get rid of the error page that comes up when someone tries to click on "Click here to print your order". The one that pops up shoperror.asp?

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  09:39:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it should do; one of the parts of the installation (optional step) is to replace that link with a link to the slip, and the slip shouldn't have the same problem; it can be popped-up from the customer's thanks page, and/or from the customer's "review previous orders" page.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  10:00:04  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon,

I just ordered the invoice add-on with install service. What happens now?

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  14:04:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

cool; don't do anything for the moment; I'll email you with the relevant questions/messages. Don't worry about your byz key or installing any of the sub-modules etc; that'll all be sorted out during the install service by us. I'll get that all sorted out in an hour or so. (other things to do at the moment; got a new freebie addon we're about to release in the next hour which I think people'll like a lot)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)