Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 /shop650/shop650/default.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrApple
VP-CART New User

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  18:44:26  Show Profile  Visit DrApple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have just upgraded from 6.08 to 6.5. On the old site and the new site Google is listing /shop650/shop650/default.asp as the highest content entry point. This page does not exist so I am worried about customers being lost because somehow they are being pushed down to a nonexistant duplicate directory. The site is in /shop650 directory. There is no duplicate named directory inside it.

So is Google just stuffing up its reporting or are the customers really being directed to a non existant directory?

I am using an asp page at the site root to direct customers to the shop650 directory. I have tested it on Mac and PC in Firefox, Safari and Explorer and cannot replicate the problem.

The ASP script at the root index.asp of the site checks the domain requested and if correct directs them to the folder required. It has been on the site for a long time and never caused any issues.

Is there a standard way to redirect customers to the store? I don't like using refresh as it can be blocked.

Regards
David Appleby

DrApple

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  20:09:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From the sounds of it there may be a glitch with the redirect however from what I have heard Google is not actually a big fan of redirects.

You can use 301 redirects set up in IIS safely however redirects within pages are not recommended.

You can set up a 301 redirect in IIS very easily and Google approves of this method.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

DrApple
VP-CART New User

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  20:17:43  Show Profile  Visit DrApple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. It is a shared host so I will see if they will make that change for me.

DrApple
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00