Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 SEO: oveture keyword results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using overture for some years to obtain keyword numbers , its always good to get an indication of what people are searching for in cold hard numbers . ( http://inventory.overture.com )

1. is any other search engines allowing indications of searches done in their system ?

2. and the point of this post ...
heres a results page for widgets ... ( yes i have changed the keyword )

MY POINT HERE is I simply dont beleive 545 people typed in the full words " widget kingdom united " , this has made me lose trust in these results ... any thoughts ? on why it would throw this up ? its an unnatural wording of the term and i also dont beleive real humans would type out this full wording , most would simply type UK surely ?

Searches done in March 2007
Count Search Term
17219 widget
2135 widget retail
1855 media widget
1668 widget display
1375 expert widget
1021 widget manufacturer
618 version 12 widget
615 wedding widget
545 widget kingdom united
498 widget uk
429 buy widget
312 8 widget media
270 event widget
256 london widget
255 widget online
241 widget for sale
235 download widget

ANY thoughts appreciated
PAUL

Edited by - bluesky on May 01 2007 09:38:32

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  09:06:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not sure about the overture aspect, but as this relates to keywords, I thought I'd mention a pending addon that is about to be released, which generates keywords for you using categories etc, and also allows you to add "manual" keywords which then get added to the generated keywords.
We'll be releasing some kind of keyword bundle soon, and/or include the keywords-template-field addon with it. I'll post again when that's released.

If anyone's got any suggestions on the overture/keyword aspect, feel free to post here as per bluesky's question/issue.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)