Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product details disappear - "more" link gone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bloodl
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  03:24:12  Show Profile  Visit bloodl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When on home page, the products that are randomly displayed have a "more" link next to them. When you click on it, you get a long description and all the other details that you have assigned to that product...

HOWEVER

When browsing for products via the menu system instead of the home page, there is no such thing. All that is on offer is "order", accompanied by the product name and a short desc.

Please help, totally lost on this one. Cold and frightened So far everything else on this site has been mega helpful.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  03:34:54  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it sounds like the other links might be pointing to shopquery.asp; try changing your "xcrosslinkurl" config option to "shopexd.asp".

That'd sort out things like your also-bought and cross-selling links etc. For the menu links; I assume those are pointing to the shopdisplayproducts.asp file, which is correct as there would be more than one product. If you want to add more info to those summary pages, then the file to change would be tmp_productformat.htm.

The product detail template is tmp_product.htm; you can just copy the relevant bits from there that you want to see into tmp_productformat.htm if you want extra info shown on the summary.

**Also, set "xgenerateshopexdlink" to "Yes" in your config options; that will add the "more" link to the summary pages etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 01 2007 03:55:15
Go to Top of Page

bloodl
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  04:14:42  Show Profile  Visit bloodl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks a million, I'll look into it. Thank goodness for this forum!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00