Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Solved my Paypal and shared SSL problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - August 19 2002 :  04:02:14  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe I found a solution to my problem with using Paypal with shared SSL and the payment screen not showing up on a customer's first order.

You are suppose to use the SSLshopcheckout if your SSL is on a different server but VPASP says Paypal won't work with it so I just used the Paypalcheckout instead and it worked great for the most part. However, I also found tonight that it was still sending orders to the database that were cancelled within the Paypal gateway.

After a lot of head banging, it hit me that since my shared SSL is virtual,it should in theory be treated as being on the same server and that I possibly had it set up backwards.

I switched it so that it now calls up the regular shopcheckout instead of Paypal, made the changes that VPASP says to make to get the Paypal button to show up, and it now seems to work. At least it did for me after I deleted all cookies and started as a brand new user.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00