Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Using 6.0 – upgrade to 6.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cara Rees
Starting Member

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  18:32:50  Show Profile  Visit Cara Rees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have our cite currently setup with 6.0. If I wanted to upgrade to 6.5, is this a difficult task if I have already purchased add-ons and set-up the system with 6.0?

Regards
Cara

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  19:37:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cara,

Upgrading can sometimes be a bit of a complicated process. the ease of th eprocess is dependent on the number of changes you have made to the core software and how well you have documented those changes.

We use internally a program suggested to us by one of our customers actually called Winmerge.

www.winmerge.org

This program is free but it is worth a gold mine when migrating changes between sites.

If you have made lots of changes to your site and not kept track of what has been done then I would compare your current site against a default version 6.00 and your current site.

All changes will be listed in Winmerge.

Record these and then look at how you would migrate them into version 6.50.

We provide upgrade scripts for you to upgrade the database so you can keep your existing data without any problems so you just need to concentrate on moving your design and any add-ons and cahnges across into version 6.50.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  23:54:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on the subject of 6.5 upgrades, and as addons have been mentioned, I thought I'd post a link to our site which mentions about our addons and their corresponding 6.5 upgrade info/status:

VPASP 6.5 AND BYZ SOFTWARE:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/categorized.asp?PID=11&level=2

If anyone's got any problems/questions regarding 6.5 for our addons which aren't addressed there, feel free to let us know via our help area.

The general rule is that if you bought our addons in the last 6 months then you'd get a free upgrade (if you want/need one), otherwise it'll depend on the nature of the upgrades that have been done since your purchase. We're flexible/reasonable on this aspect though; eg if you end up stuck in an upgrade-trap (eg can't upgrade byz addon "x" without also upgrading byz addon "y") then if you enter a support ticket on our help area we'll look into it (we don't want people to ever be caught in upgrade traps which are caused by our software, so we'll help-out where we can if anything like that ever arises)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 26 2007 00:34:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000