Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Paypal Pro & Express
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  00:15:19  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have paypal pro add-on with my vpasp 6.5. I don't know where to insert HTML for paypal express at paypalproshopcheckout.asp? The add-on has paypalproexpress.asp attached. But there is no link to these files.

Also, I changed some languages at Language in the control panel and shop$language_english.asp (all!..including _english2.asp), however, the language is still there! I don't know where they hide.

HELP!

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  07:28:52  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RE: language changes

After you edit a caption in the languages control panel, you have to then "reset language" for the changes to show on your site.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  01:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I to am having fits with the 6.5 paypal Pro add on.

In my "configuration" the PayPalPro option is putting the PAYPAL PAYMENT button on the ViewCart Page. The CONTINUE TO PAYMENT is still showing and if you go there the form for PayPal Pro CREDIT CARD is showing. BUT NOT the PAayPal express option.

Even worse it seems that Shipping is not being added into the final PayPal Amount.

It's Confusing to the customer, they are being asked to pay and login to their paypal account even before they select shipping OR se the order total.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  01:44:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

We agree, the system for PayPal (and Google, which is very similar) is confusing for the merchant and the customer.

However, we have built the integration according to their specifications, so we are unable to change the flow of the checkout process.

It does sound as though you have a problem with your shipping, though. We would be happy to look into it if you could please post a ticket in our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  03:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you Claire. I have several tickets regarding paypal pro issues in 6.5. Especially regarding the express payment button now appearing on the view order page.

It seems realtime shipping is not an option with PayPal pro as of yet.

When I use the paypal express button that is on view cart now, login to my paypal account, and return to complete the order per paypals new requirement. I select CHANGE SHIP METHOD and I get a blank page with a 1 on it. I am using only realtime USPS and fedex.

There is also another problem I just noticed. Returning to the site from paypal using the option below the PayPal page RETURN TO COMPLETE ORDER will crash upon return with an asp error NO First Name. Losing the order also.

Both of these are a real "disaster" for customers. The liklyhood of someone placing an order with no shipping amnount or returning and having the cart crash losing their order is not a good thing obviously.

Going to the PayPal payment BEFORE VPASP 6.5 can capture any customer information is outrageouse , expecially when a return or fails or a customer does not like the new page he has seen and the order is lost at paypal.

I hope other PayPal Pro addon for vpasp 6.5 uses are checking into this closely. Perhaps VPASP would benefit from some of our interaction with paypal over their requirement to implement in this fashion. Errors aside which will get fixed, this at best is very confusing for a customer that simply wants to BUY!

Edited by - saki on May 07 2007 03:56:41
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  08:37:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Saki,

Please feel free to chat to PayPal if you like.

The module has been built to meet their requirements and we went through quite a long certification process to ensure we met all of the specifications.

You also cannot use real time shipping with the PayPal Express check out system either unfortunately which may be the cause of your error you are seeing?

If the default functionality is not what you need we do support over 100 other payment systems which are realistically a LOT more user friendly.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00