Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Problem Processing Order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

candleash
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - April 18 2007 :  06:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received an order today that displayed as a canceled order. The order only appeared once in my shopping cart, but my customer had tried to place the order twice. The first time she received a message stating that her card could not be processed. The second time she received a message stating the order could not be processed due to a duplicate order being placed. Since my shopping cart showed the order as being canceled it didn't send an order confirmation to me or my customer. However, the order was processed by my credit card company and they sent me an e-mail notification. They only showed the order being placed once. As a result of the shopping cart not processing the order correctly, I lost a nice size sell because my customer didn't think her order went through and placed an order with my competitor instead. Has anyone else had this problem with their cart? I don't know what happened with my cart, but I need to find out so I don't lose anymore orders.

Ashley

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 18 2007 :  07:53:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ashley,

It is difficult to know what may have happened.

If you post this in our help desk we can try and replicate to see what went wrong for you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 18 2007 :  19:19:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ashley,

As we posted through our helpdesk, the duplicate transactions issue can be overcome by removing the default time window Authorize.Net has in place for repeat transactions that use the same credentials.

The most likely cause of your customer's initial error was a failed AVS check, then when they tried to resubmit, they appear to have encountered the duplicate transaction issue.

For anyone else with similar issues, to remove the duplicate transaction check in Authorize.NET AIM gateway, please make the following changes to anaimshoppayment.asp:

Around line 108 locate:

anrequest = anrequest & "x_relay_response=" & "FALSE" & "&"

Add a new line of code directly after this so that it now reads:

anrequest = anrequest & "x_relay_response=" & "FALSE" & "&"
anrequest = anrequest & "x_duplicate_window=0&"

This should remove the duplicate transaction check.

Thank you.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00