Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 FedEx Reatlime Rates WAY OFF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - April 12 2007 :  13:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. My VPASP 6.0 has just calculated a FedEx Ground package that weighs less than a pound--total is 0.60 pounds, and came back with a $14.46 shipping charge! This shouldn't be more than $5.

What's going on? The rates have been spot on for the past several months. Did FedEx changes something??? My USPS realtime calculations are still accurate, so it's not a software issue.

Help!!!

Richard

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - April 12 2007 :  18:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I think I know the answer. I think when I submitted for my meter number from FedEx, I may have given them the URL or domain from which the calls to FedEx are being made. If the domain should change, maybe that's throwing off my calculations---going to investigate that possibility.
Go to Top of Page

JeffBekeris
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 28 2007 :  14:06:32  Show Profile  Visit JeffBekeris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Octane Guy,

I just recently went through setting up the FedEx real time myself. It was a cumbersome project to say the least. VP-ASP told me they are re-writing the instructions to make it an easier process.

Anyway, to get on to your issue. Your weights for FedEx and UPS both must be set in pounds. Both shippers do not calculate ounces at all in figuring shipping. Also, you need to be sure you are set to the production server and that your fedexrtconfig.asp code line is set to: const xtesting="No" If not, you may be get back return figures that are way off.

Setting how your packages are accepted e.g: const FedexPickup="REQUESTCOURIER", verses the other options (REGULARPICKUP REQUESTCOURIER DROPBOX BUSINESSSERVICE CENTER STATION) will affect the rate returned.

One last note. FedEx just recently implemented dimensional shipping weight into their calcuations. So, while you may have a package that weighs x amount, the size of the box you ship it in will be the factor for which you are charged. In a scenario we have, we have a product that it's shipping weight is 21 pounds. However, because of the dimensions it's billable weight is 32 pounds. So, I had to set the weight to 32. There is more about this on FedEx's site.

I'm not sure if this helps you at all with your issue, but hopefully you'll get it figured out and resolved. VP-ASP support was very helpful with helping me sort it out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00