Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Product Oder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kane17
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - April 12 2007 :  10:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Kane17's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We want to configure the order in which products appear when they click on a category.

how do we configure this?

Kane17
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - July 23 2007 :  15:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Kane17's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still trying to find an answer to this question.

I cannot figure out how VPASP select how Items are PRIORITIZED from top to bottom in any list of products such as a category list.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  00:56:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kane

You can sort both categories and products using the following variables which can be found in the Set-Up section.

xsortcategories - The sort fields used for categories display. These are fields in the categories table.
xsortproducts - The sort fields used for products display are fields in the products table. To sort by descending price for example specify cprice DESC

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

DrewM
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - July 30 2007 :  13:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I try to do this with anything but the original value (cname), this is the message I get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified.

/store/shop$db.asp, line 615
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00