Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Customized Invoice Mail Per Product
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  12:12:34  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New user here, so bear with me.

Is there a way within the interface to customize the invoice/receipt email on a per product basis? I have a client who sells a product which requires some instructions to be sent. I am currently using Miva Merchant on her site with an addon called "Mail Manager" which allows customized emails to be sent when a particular product is purchased.

I am quite fluent in ASP, and I assume that I could write some logic into the invoice script in VP-ASP to accomplish this, but I was hoping to avoid the hassle. I'd be willing to purchase an addon if necessary.

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  17:39:48  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are two ways to accomplish them without coding.

The first is to create an email attachment. The attachment could be the instructions in PDF or whatever format you choose. When the order is completed the customer will receive the email with the product specific instructions.
Shop Configuration
xendoforderattachments=Yes

The second method is to use end of order hyperlinks. This generates a hyperlink to your instructions on a product by product basis.
Shop Configuration
xendoforderhyperlinks=Yes

Howard Kadetz
www.hkprog.com
See the all new Guide for VP-ASP for this and much more
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)