Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Big Yellow Zone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Season
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - March 29 2007 :  22:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Season's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need Simon to Email [email protected] concerning ASP Generator Stage 2

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  04:52:36  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
done; ISP (and/or router) problems on my side I'm afraid; stopped me from connecting to a few servers/sites (I think it's my isp), but is all ok now.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  08:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon
I think BYZ support has been having problems this week .
Recently in a thread you asked for somments both negative and positive .
BYZ add ons are crucial to me in the development of my site as superb value packed add ons ,but i am sure like me many are novices in development and code writing , identifying problems and fixing them are outwith my abilities and i expect them to ,and in the past they have "just worked".
When i hit a problem I try and deal with it before moving on so if support tickets from any seller is not dealt with swiftly I become stuck and frustrated.
I dont think its unrealistic to ask for a daily update , adding one message a day to support ticket asking if anythings moving forward seems perfectly feasible and understandable to me , it also seems with the amount of posts BYZ create to help people and promote their products on these forums that a daily upodate should be doable ?

I am now into a 4th day without any response ?

The licensing requirements of BYZ software are not easy to deal with and quite frustrating .. it takes me over an hour to install them... but its a one off investment to make the site perform how you want it to and as such i dont see it as a negative, but I can understand how it would put some people off..glad to see your launching a new licensing method in the next few months.

If support tickets are building up or a partucular issue is causing problems and will take time to look into I thinka quick message to the individual or a mass message will allow people to move forward in their developement rather than wait .. and wait .. and wait .

PAUL
SUPPORT ID 743

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  08:41:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
For your issue the problem has been ftp; we haven't been able to connect to it; I asked Adrian, my boss, to see if it was just my connection/isp, but he couldn't connect to the server either and he uses a totally different isp to me.

the posting above that I made about cliff's problem was just a coincidence, ie that my isp/router was having general ftp problems at the same time that your whole server was down. That's why I got Adrian to check ftp to your site and didn't just assume it was only a generic server fault.

Having said that, we have been very busy recently, especially with the release of vpasp 6.5; we try to strike a balance between solid support of our own addons, client work, and free advice/help on this forum, but maybe that balance has gone a bit awry the last few weeks.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)