Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Discount amount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - March 29 2007 :  21:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Discounts can be set up at the customer level (discount field of customers table) or through coupons. It seems the former is saved in odiscount column of orders table while for coupon discount is saved in the coupondiscount column. In the order confirmation email template there is only coupondiscount mentioned. Thus when I set up customer level discount, the discount amount is calculated and saved correctly, but in the confirmation email it shows as zero.

How can the email template be changed to sum up odiscount + coupondiscount?

Thanks,
Happy

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  15:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam, not sure if I can address a question to you through this Forum (if this is inappropriate, please advise and ignore).

I have gone through the Manual but am unable to find an answer to this. I want the confirmation email to pick up the sum total of all possible discounts that may have been provided to the customer. Is this something that can be configured or is it some code change? Any advice will help.

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  23:34:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Happy,

In the email templates for the customer order confirmation you can include any field from the orders table you like.

If you open the template in your html editing program simply add the fields to the template and use square brackets to define them.

For example:

[odiscount]
[odualdiscount]

Hope this helps and let me know if this is not what you mean.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - April 01 2007 :  11:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam for responding.

The above will restrict me to give only one kind of discount to all. I need the flexibility to be able to give customer level discount for some people, coupon based discount to some others.

What I need is a way to have the discount field in the confirmation email to show any kind of discount that may have applied to the order. Since all confirmation emails will use the single template, I need a way to tell the template to take the total of amounts in odiscount and coupondiscount.

Can the template take [odiscount + coupondiscount]?

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00