Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 How to make change in MMC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - March 28 2007 :  22:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the following error after selecting a product and going to checkout and entering personal info, billing info, and selecting a shipping method and pressing continue in vpasp 6.5

shipmethodtype=Express shipcost=5.00

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

/new/shopsess.asp, line 318

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

I was directed by the support desk to the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229657/
which included the following instructions.

1. In the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), locate the Web site where your Web application resides.
2. Click to expand the Web site to display the virtual directories and Web applications.
3. Right-click the Web application, and then click Properties.
4. On the Virtual Directory tab, click Configuration.

Note If the Configuration button is unavailable, the virtual directory is not a Web application. Click Create to create the virtual directory to a Web application.
5. In the Application Configuration dialog box, on the App Options tab, click Enable buffering.

My site is on a remote host. Is this something I can do from my local computer and if so how in layman's term or do I need to instruct my webhost provider and if so in what simple terms.
Or is there simpler way
Thanks
Dwight
Bye

Edited by - dwight on March 29 2007 06:49:54

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 29 2007 :  14:06:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it looks like a debug message is being output'd before the shoppageheader is written, but that message might be misleading.

The error message that you're seeing looks like a generic error which happens whenever your asp tries to output anything to the screen before the html/head tags are done (ie before your shoppageheader is called) (but, as I say, I think that's misleading)

So, definitely not a hosting problem as far as I can see, instead it's either a left-over debug message that needs commenting out, or the debugging generally is trying to output before the main header.

It's quite a common problem when debugging; often you have to put in temporary spurious html/head tags while debugging to avoid the error.

Whether it causes an error or not will depend on a combination of things (exactly what the asp does before/after it, the buffering, the server setup etc).

There's also a similar message that you'd get if the asp tries to do a redirect after output'ing something to the page (ie the opposite problem), where it would say something like "Can not perform this function after the HTTP header is written".

I'm not sure if your error is the first or the second one, but it looks to me like it's the second one (ie it's trying to redirect after output'ing a debug message).

Anyway; in summary it looks like a fault in the asp code where it's trying to write a debug message at the wrong time, most likely it's trying to write the message before a responseredirect, which is therefore making the responseredirect come up with an error saying "hang on; I've already started creating the page; I can't redirect now".

Changing the buffering option would be spurious/incorrect; instead what I think you need to do is disable debugging for shipping, or manually comment-out the offending debug message.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 29 2007 14:46:56
Go to Top of Page

Season
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - March 29 2007 :  20:46:26  Show Profile  Visit Season's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HI Simon, can you contact [email protected] concerning Stage 2 problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00