Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Downloads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  04:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have searched the site and cannot find any tutorials on how to setup downloads.

In the download field in a product I have entered a link to the specific file.

However when purchased there is no option anywhere to download this file?

Am I missing something?

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  06:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
version 6 and below ......
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=675#675

for version 6.5 its detaield in part 6.6 of the user manual

PAUL

PS ... i tried and failed to get it working in 5.5 ......so if you cant gt it to go maybe try a ticket in support i will likely need to in next few week if no success in 6.5 .but dont worry ..its likely me ..nothing ever seems to work first time for me
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  03:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i got it working through the method you posted fairly painlessly. Thanks for the help!! 6.5 has teething troubles but its far better on the whole!!

Hopefully there is someone out there who can answer this follow up question.

Now when you purchase a digital download you have to view that order to download it. What I want is a page where the customer can view all their purchased downloads. Is this possible? We had it in our 5.5 site but that was after heavy customisation
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  04:21:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that would still have to be a custom-built thing (ie a "my downloads" area). It should be relatively painless though, because the logic which works out if it's a valid/paid order would be done via the link and not from your custom-built asp page listing the links.

that's assuming that you're using "secure" downloads; I wouldn't advise direct links to the files via an "unsecure" download; always go for the secure download where people don't get direct links to the files but instead get links to the download-file-process.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)