Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP set-up problems
 I am lost as usual
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - March 23 2007 :  21:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My version 6.0 was put on my webhost in a folder /shop and the shop600.mdb was put in a folder /database. Now I up loaded the 6.5 version to a new folder per instructions on my webhost called /new and I put the shopping650.mdb in the folder /database.

When I run test database connections they all pass.

When I run test your permissions (access database only) I get the following:

Reading D:\Websites\www.mysite.com\new\$readme.txt PASS!
Reading D:\Websites\www.mysite.com\new\images\shim.gif PASS!
Reading D:\Websites\www.mysite.com\new\database\shopping650.mdb path not found!

What do I do to tell it to use the path D:\Websites\www.mysite.com\database\shopping650.mdb

The reason I am trying to force it is because my webhost says it is safer in the \database folder they have provided instead of \new\database folder.

Lastly, what is the upgrade doing. If I follow the instructions it appears that everything is being applied to the files and folders in the /new folder where version 6.5 was uploaded to and my version 6.0 is in separate folder called /shop. So when is the 6.0 version upgraded or when is the shop600.mdb actually modified.

I know I must be missing something totally because I don't even see where you are suppose to change the shopadmin.asp file and add a second password.

Please point to where and when 6.0 and 6.5 folders are suppose to merge.
Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 24 2007 :  00:51:37  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If the folder you have the 650 files located in is one level down from your existing site then you will need to change the setting in the shop$config.asp file to something like:

const xdblocation="../database" 'location of database relative to VP-ASP files

If this does not work the support team may be able to assist if you open a ticket in the online help desk.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00