Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 content editor faulty ? limits ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 07 2007 :  08:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazy ..... Moved onto a third page of content now discovered
two dashes in a row are banned too .....

--

I think i need a list of banned letters/charachters ... it seems every page i have ever written is full of them !! LOL

PAUL

Edited for spelling

Edited by - bluesky on April 07 2007 21:18:07
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 07 2007 :  19:42:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

Following is a list of banned words and characters:

select
drop
--
insert into
delete from
update
xp_
union
@@
|
<script
.js

If you use these you will run into problems. If you do not want to have these limitations you can remove some or all from the cleanchars routine in the shop$db.asp file however I would strongly advise against it.

We have closed down version 6.50 to try to make it as difficult as possible for hackers however the flip side is you are now limited to not using the above unfortunately.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 08 2007 :  07:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came back to this today ...to put another page of content into the test site amazingly , this is my fourth page adding and it also had a banned word .... "drop" .... kinda amazed I have not read about this issue before .easy to solve though with the list of banned words .

Is nobody out there using content pages ?
If not why not ?
Do you know something i dont ?
Are content pages SEO frindly ? or is HTML still the best way to go for SEO?
Why am i attracted to banned words ?

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - April 08 2007 :  10:31:27  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use mostly HTML pages for that, just easier to edit and it doesn't make a lot of sense to clog up the DB with static text.
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 10 2007 :  17:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stone
im lazy ! just kinda throw in text and the CSS sorts it out and just like magic it appears on menu etc :-)

anybody any thoughts on what google will think of HTML v ASP pages appreciated though .... google not liking asp content pages would be enough to get me moving again though !!
PAUL
Go to Top of Page

komtac
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - April 10 2007 :  17:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same problem, its limited to 2000 char.

Anyone knows how to change the DB VARCHAR to TEXT ? Where ?

I received confirmation from HelpDesk, they said you need to change it TEXT type wich will allow 2147483647 char.

Here's the message they've sent me:

It appears that your TranslateProducts table has a field size limit of 2000 characters for the cdescription and extendeddesc fields.

The data you are trying to import is nearly 5000 characters in size and as this is more than the allowable size of this field the database is rejecting your changes.

You will need to extend the size of these fields to at least 5000 to fit in the data you require. You can set these to a data type of TEXT which will allow 2147483647 characters.

If you are unsure how to do this, your host should be able to assist you with this.
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - April 10 2007 :  18:02:08  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Google doesn't particularly hate ASP pages, but it definately likes HTML better.

The basic text would still follow the CSS in shop.css. You can use the same CSS classes in your own HTML pages, the most common would be al, ar and ac, which are Align Left, Align Right, and Align Center. There are many others as well.

i.e.; <td class="ar">

Edited by - stone5150 on April 10 2007 18:03:04
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 10 2007 :  21:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Komtach
I solved my issue by NOT using some of the banned words and characters so i cant help you with your issue , sorry ! maybe ask support to try and confirm your issue is not this instead of trying to adjust database

OK i have managed to fill my MENU , i have been creating and filling content pages , tooo many , the automatic menu is full ...... Ok I could start submenuing things ... but just let say i didint want to do that ... i expected the menu to jump to two lines ? it didnt ! ?

PAUL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00