Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Page number index
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - March 23 2007 :  14:02:26  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can I customize the page index numbers? I want to make the page index numbers larger and I also want to place the page index numbers above the main content of the product. Add extra words such as "Page 1, 2,..." ?

Thanks.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 23 2007 :  19:02:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adding paging to the top of the screen is possible, but from what I can remember it's a bit awkward; there might be someone else on the forum who's got the code to-hand for that aspect (we've done it before, but I can't remember who we did it for so it's kind of lost in our internal library somewhere at the moment).

Although this might not be of immediate help, we're actually working on a new paging addon which has the paging at the top (and/or bottom), but which also allows totally sessionless paging, so that you can have multiple tabs open showing different search results without the paging from one tab adversely effecting the paging on another tab.

The paging for that addon will also have "products-per-page" as a poplist on it, and will also have a nicer "scrolling" for the page links (similar to how google pages).

It's also got other aspects to it, like "related categories" displays, keyword generation/display tools etc; it's a kind of general spruce-up of paging/displaying/searching.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 23 2007 19:03:55
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - March 25 2007 :  10:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

VPASP has a paging navigation. But only on bottom. If you like you can do the same on top of your page. Just open shopdisplayproducts.asp and find sub displayproducts(), then
find this line and

response.write "<p align=center>" & smallinfofont & getlang
("langCommonPage") & " " & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & " " &
maxpages & smallinfoend

Paste below code just under above code.

if getconfig("xproductpagingnextprevious")="Yes" then
PageNavBarNext SQL
else
PageNavBar SQL
end if

Thanks

Jack
Go to Top of Page

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  12:31:26  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jack:

I am using VPASP 6.5. Under:

response.write "<p class=""ac"" >" & smallinfofont & getlang("langCommonPage") & " " & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & " " & maxpages & smallinfoend & "</p>"

I place:

if getconfig("xproductpagingnextprevious")="Yes" then
PageNavBarNext SQL
else
PageNavBar SQL
end if

The paging shows two lines paging:
1 of x,y
1,2,3....x,y

So, I deleted:

response.write "<p class=""ac"" >" & smallinfofont & getlang("langCommonPage") & " " & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & " " & maxpages & smallinfoend & "</p>"

Thus, one line paging is left. It reads:
1,2,3,...x, y.

The paging is located in the center of the page.

see (http://www.botontech.com)

Now, how can I move the paging to the right side of the page? and edit the style, add "Page", "Previous", "Next" or something like that?

Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00