Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Sorting Products Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cahre3
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - March 21 2007 :  22:24:44  Show Profile  Visit cahre3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having a problem with the xsortproducts field in the shop cart admin. I would like to sort my products based on the new items of the day, so I designated pother4 and put in 2 digit numbers (ie: 01, 06, 99) and then set xsortproducts=pother4 but I got the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ORDER BY items must appear in the select list if SELECT DISTINCT is specified.

/shopping/shop$db.asp, line 533

So, I set pother4 DESC and then pother4 ASC and then I tried various different fields, each time reloading the shop configuration. The only field that will not return an error is xsortproducts=cdateavailable DESC or ASC.

Now, I've read a lot of posts on this problem and most of them suggest changing the xsortproducts to a numeric field or else changing it to an alpha field, but no field seem to work. Is there anything anyone can suggest? Right now, my xsortproducts=cdateavailabe DESC but I'd like to be able to designate how they are sorted in an order I choose based on the pother4 field (or level5 or any free field on the product form).

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 23 2007 :  01:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i tried pother4 on my shop it works fine, try to reload your shop config and clear cache and cookie? thats what the support people always tells me to do
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00