Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Payment Options
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  10:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I downloaded the free trial software and I'm seriously considering buying this shopping cart and have been reading many of the postings in these forums in the way of research. We already have a very basic shopping cart on our site but some of our customers have requested extra features like saving orders and favourites lists. All our web customers are registered wholesale trade accounts (we do not sell to the general public) so we do not require any payment options. My question is - is it easy enough to set up the VP-ASP to completely by-pass the shipping and payment processing screens and just send the customer and ourselves an e-mail with their order details (as we do at present)?

Many thanks in advance,

carfin

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  14:25:53  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Short answer - yes.

Somewhere in the online help file you can find the detailed instructions but it's just a simple matter of changing a checkout value in the Admin Console from its default to whatever the help file says. I think it's SHOPCHECKOUTDUMMY.ASP. That then bypasses the page prompting for a payment option.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  20:12:02  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=154

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 19 2007 :  03:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

thankyou very much for your help. Most appreciated. I shall definitely recommended to my management that our company purchase this cart for our site.

Regards,

carfin
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - June 03 2007 :  16:18:53  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you do NOT want Prices
Go to Admin --> Products 2 table -->
xcustomerprices Yes/No
Yes means apply customer base pricing using thecustomerprices table. Extra overhead is incurred in using this feature.
and..
Go to Admin --> Products 2 table -->

xproductcatalogonly Yes/No
Yes turns VP-ASP into a catalog. Products are displayed but cannot be purchased
Set this to NO

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

flind22
Starting Member

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - January 25 2009 :  09:55:40  Show Profile  Visit flind22's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi all, iS IT possable to have an payment option of account where the customer bookes up the item then later can go online and pay their account, as well as the current payment options (visa COD etc)?

i have this need as i sell to the public which pay cash then i also sell to business at a cheeper rate but they have accounts.

regards adrian.

ADRIAN
Flinders IT
http://flindersit.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00