Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Internal Server Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 06 2007 :  23:43:54  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Something wierd has happened and I need help. My site was fine yesterday. I did not change anything and when I checked it out today I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I have not uploaded any new files or anything for that matter. When I upload a static html file I see the page. I just uploaded all the files again and it still shows as the error.

So how is this possible? Can anyone offer any advice?

Preston

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 06 2007 :  23:47:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Preston,

By default the display of true error messages is masked within Internet Explorer. To change this can you please set your browser to display non friendly error messages.

Go into the Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.

Scroll down until you get to:

Show friendly HTTP Error Messages.

Ensure this setting is unchecked.

Once this is done it will display an error message that can be used for debugging purposes.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 07 2007 :  00:03:36  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cam, I already have that unchecked. Any other suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 07 2007 :  01:06:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a url we can look at?

You may need to post this one in our help desk for the support guys to get their teeth into but i will have a look here first if you like.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 07 2007 :  21:52:47  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There must have been an issue with the server. Woke up today and the site was back on. Not sure what really happened but thanks for your help.

Preston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00