Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Search by Suppliers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 11 2007 :  21:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon, I just bought 7 of your Add-ons. Waiting for the license keys and then hope the implementation will be easy. LOL.

Am definitely looking forward to getting the SUPPLIER search add-on.

Will it work with purchased templates from VPASP ???

Christoph
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 12 2007 :  05:24:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
yep; adrian (my boss) has just emailed you about the keys asking about the domain(s) - once the reply from that comes through I'll generate/send you the keys. I think you also bought some elements that you didn't really need (eg some parts already included in other parts), so I'll email you about that aspect when I send the keys.

The supplier/mfg search addon will be a very simple one; should work for any implementation of vpasp and for any templates.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 12 2007 :  06:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea WHEN the supplier search might be available and at what cost ??

Christoph
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 12 2007 :  07:49:31  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd guess it should be ready within a week from now, not sure of the cost but it'll probably be pretty cheap because it'll be quite a simple one, maybe somewhere between £5 and £15 but I'll need to check that with the boss before it gets released.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 20 2007 :  08:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any update on the supplier search ????

Please advise.

Christoph
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 20 2007 :  20:09:15  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sort of; there'll be a huge flurry of new addons coming online very soon; we're about to release our "live-update" system, and as soon as that's released all these new addons are then going to get released; I'm a bit reluctant to release new addons until our new system's in place because it'd mean having to maintain way too much duplicated data.

the new system's currently undergoing beta-testing, and it seems to be working fine so far (even when using the live-update for our own development/test "orders" which have about 200 addon/domain/version combinations seems to show things nicely/simply), so we're looking at releasing the new system this weekend and then having all the pending new addons released immediately after that.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - October 02 2007 :  13:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess I am not the only one who is desperately waiting for the Supplier Search Add-on. When will it come ????

Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 02 2007 :  19:03:53  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very soon; I've been working on it today and it's mostly done; I'd like to get it finished tomorrow if possible; it's got 4 main functions that'll be easily tweakable via config files for their respective headers/trailers/body sections etc:

1) Supplier Lists
a list of suppliers, linked to the corresponding searches, where the list is in a table format (ie multi-record)

2) Manufacturer Lists
a list of manufacturers, linked to the corresponding searches, where the list is in a table format (ie multi-record)

3) Supplier PopLists
a poplist of suppliers, with on-change/choose linked to the corresponding searches.

4) Manufacturer PopLists
a poplist of manufacturers, with on-change/choose linked to the corresponding searches.

You'll be able to change the format of those easily via the header/body/trailer config files, and then you'd just call the corresponding function from wherever you want (in a header/trailer file, or in a main asp file etc)

I think the general idea will be that we'll start with something relatively simple, and then add more bits/options after it's been released and people give feedback on it. People get free upgrades for 6 months anyway, so I think that would be a good way to go.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on October 02 2007 19:57:55
Go to Top of Page

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - October 04 2007 :  09:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,

I assume you will publish here once the Add-On is available ????

Christoph
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 05 2007 :  16:17:33  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi; yes, I'll be posting here once it's released; I've just finished coding/packaging it up, and it's working nicely/well on our dev area, so now I'm adding it to the demo area and will be releasing it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 05 2007 :  19:11:13  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's now released....

Displays a tabular list, and/or a poplist, for suppliers and/or manufacturers:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=154

This is the first release, so if/when people buy/use it, let us know any feedback you have etc; it's relatively simple to start with, and as per other addons will grow/evolve the more feedback we get. Don't forget that upgrades are free for the first six months after the initial purchase.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: