Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Category counts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cliffw
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - February 28 2007 :  05:12:12  Show Profile  Visit Cliffw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do I update the # of products showing in a category? When you click on a category and are shown the sub category list, the # of products in that sub category is shown below the sub category name. How do I update this # in 6.XX

Thanks

Cliff Whitney

tamara
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  10:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work on the site in question with Cliff and would like to explain that the category counts displayed on shopdisplaycategories.asp are not updating. A few categories show a count of 0 and others have an incorrect number displaying. We are running VP-ASP 6.09. There does not appear to be an option in the admin to reset the counts. Is there a SQL statement that might make the counts update?

Thanks,
Tamara
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  12:39:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure offhand whether it uses products.ccategory or prodcategories for that count, but if it's the latter then you might have gaps in your prodcategory branches.

I'm assuming that your site doesn't store an actual count as a specific column, but that instead the system counts the product/category data to get that count dynamically.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 01 2007 12:41:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000