Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 VPASP v6.5 Design Guide
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  05:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam and the team,
Please, please, please include a design guide with the new release of VPASP v6.5. This is very essential to designers who will like to change the design/interface or even design new templates for the site, rather than use the default/generic interface/templates.

I know there is a helpnote but this does not in anyway come close to helping with interface customization at all for non-programmers.

Here is an example of what I mean that should be included in the design guide:

Item ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Subroutine variable ::::::::::::::::::::::: File where it is defined

Random products :::::::::::::::::::: Displayrandomproducts :::::::::::::::::::: shopfileio.asp

Category Menu :::::::::::::::::::: NavigateShowCategories :::::::::::::::::::::: shopproductsubs.asp

Top Selling products :::::::::::::::::::: NavigateTopTen :::::::::::::::::::::::: shopproductsubs.asp

This way, if I as a designer wish to change where my random products are displayed on the homepage, I can just call Displayrandomproducts and it appears exactly where I want it and not where it is by default. Thanks for folks like Simon and kidd who helps out a lot answering this type of questions every day. But if there was a designer guide, then those kind of questions will reduce a lot. It is also good for template designers to use in developing new shop template.

Thanks for all the hard work

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  05:40:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You got it!

We have actually just completed one for version 6.50 that will be in PDF format so hopefully will be what you are looking for.

It details what CSS component controls what element etc within the templates.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  06:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good!

This will be a designers haven. Now those people with existing web sites can now easily integrate vpasp pacs seamlessly into their websites without having to have a different website from their ecommerce website.

I am sure that this will also boost vpasp prominence in the ecommerce/shopping cart marketplace because I remember when I was looking for a shopping cart solution, a big wow factor for me was existing customers website. When I browse the websites and I see the same design look and feel for hundreds of customers, it kind of put me off as I was not going to buy a shopping cart solution where my website will have to look like thousand others unless I pay additional hundreds of dollars to customize the look and feel or buy templates that will make my website similar to several other customers who bought the same templates.

I am excited that I made a good buy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00