Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Strange request
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CierraRod
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  10:15:48  Show Profile  Visit CierraRod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a customer ask me this question today regarding thier store, so I figured I'd see if it's even possible without having to do a bunch of custom coding on.

Q: Is there a way for products to be listed and seen on the website but not be available for purchase?

I'm not sure why they would want to do that, and I know currently they are not using the inventory control options yet. But, I figured I ask the pros here if there is someway to achieve this.

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  11:36:30  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's the "catalog only" option. Is this what they want?

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=30#739

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

CierraRod
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  06:38:13  Show Profile  Visit CierraRod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but only for selected products. This seems like it does it site wide. I'll look through the setup some more, but it seems like with this option is a all or none thing?
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  06:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CierraRod, yes if you set your shop to "catalog only" mode it will affect the whole site
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  07:37:04  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about customizing the templates used to display the products? Use template #1 that you are using now that displays the Order button, then create a similar template that doesn't display the Order button.

Course that is for the extended description page. For the listed products in a category, I don't know your situation fully. Are they mixed there? If not, same thing, 2 different templates.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00