Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Stuck - Can someone look at this
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roberthasty
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  22:09:45  Show Profile  Visit roberthasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all, i'm stuck! Could someone look at this page:

http://www.hastycandle.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&template=vic.htm

and tell me how to get rid of the top portion that says "Home -> Catagories -> Victorian Jar Candles" and the "page 1 of 1"

I'm a real beginner and have been trying to figure out how to get rid of this top little portion and am lost.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Rob Hasty
Hasty Candle
www.HastyCandle.com

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  22:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try to search your shopdisplayproduct.asp page, find
response.write "<div align='left' class=breadcrumb>" & header & "</div>"

put a ' in front of that line to disable it

and also

response.write "<p align=center>" & smallinfofont & getlang("langCommonPage") & " " & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & " " & maxpages & smallinfoend

put a comment in front of it as well

that should fix it
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  22:20:48  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the problem isn't so much that those bits are being displayed, but that the way that they're being displayed (ie above everything else, even the header logo) is a symptom of your header/trailer html not lining-up.

So, I'd say leave those there for the moment and look at your header/trailer/template html; once you find/fix the problem on the header/trailer/template html those lines which are now right at the top will then drop-down within the center panel and look more correct.

Once that's done, you can then decide whether or not you want to take them out.

But for now, those portions are being output'd in the correct logical place, but something in your header/trailer/template html is making it appear in the wrong place in the browser.

probably something like an unclosed or spurious td/tr/table tag somewhere.

try running it through:
http://validator.w3.org/
and see what you get
(but remember that some "errors" actually need to stay there for it to work properly across some browsers; it's the missing/spurious font/td/tr/table tags that you'd mostly need to correct)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 20 2007 22:34:42
Go to Top of Page

roberthasty
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  23:05:33  Show Profile  Visit roberthasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kidd, thanks! The first part of your suggestion got rid of the "Catagories" part but the second part didn't work. I still get that "page 1 of 1"

I tried to find that string of text but it's not in there. I even isolated parts of it and used the find command in Notepad and it didn't find anything. Any other suggestions"

devshb, thanks for your reply! I'm kinda lost because with all the trailers and headers...I don't know which one to look at. It's all a little overwelming. I really need to learn some programming language.

Rob Hasty
Hasty Candle
www.HastyCandle.com
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  23:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron, can you find anything with getlang("langCommonOf")?
Go to Top of Page

roberthasty
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  23:46:46  Show Profile  Visit roberthasty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did find that when I searched. After putting a ' in front, it's now gone.

Thank you much. I still have a small white boarder around the outside, but at least the junk is gone.

Where do you start to learn this stuff?

Rob Hasty
Hasty Candle
www.HastyCandle.com
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  04:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roberthasty

Where do you start to learn this stuff?

from uni

the extra white line most probably caused by an extra tr some where on your header page
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  08:15:42  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whether you are making your edits directly to the code or using a visual editor like Dreamweaver in Design Mode, the one trick that I learned from this forum was to take the 2 primary layout files and temporarily put them together so you could nail down your layout.

So, take SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM and SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM and drop them one above the other into a BLANK new file. The code is commented nicely so you can always tell where one starts and the other ends.

Make your edits, fix your problems, then copy the 2 pieces back out.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00