Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Cannot Locate Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  14:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vs. 6.09 SQL2005

I have radio buttons for shipping options. USPS ground is flat rate $5.95, another button is Priority Air $8.95.

This did all work! But for some reason, I am receiving the following error after selecting the shipping option and clicking continue (the error appears on shopcreateorder.asp, right below the product totals):

Cannot locate shipping record
Select * from shipmethods where shipmethod='U.S. Postal Service' and shipcountry='other'

I double-checked my settings with my other site (vs. 5.5) and all settings are identical. I don't think I messed with anything. . .

Any ideas what may be going wrong? I've done a search on the forum, this is not an uncommon problem (in various renditions), but there does not seem to be a clear sense of what the problem is and how to correct it. At this point, I have no idea what shipping customers selected.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  04:20:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ryaga,

It appears that the ( and ) characters are the caused of your issues. On your shopping record you are not allowed to have character such as ( and ) in order to prevent hackers to perform SQL Injection attack to modify your database.

We removed the ) sign from the first record and then test shipping a product using the US Postal shipping method and did not receive any errors. Could you please remove all the ( and ) character from all shipping records to resolve your issues.

Billy
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  11:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Billy! - Fixed!!

Just so it's clear to everyone what happened. I created an ordered list, so the shipping options would appear in a certain order, instead of alphabetically. To do so, I did the following for each shipping option:

1) US Postal Service Ground $5.95
2) US Postal Service Priority Air Mail $7.95 - $9.95
3) Canada Ground
etc.

It was the use of the parenthesis mark ")" that was screwing it up. I changed it to:

...and it now works.

Funny how one dumb little thing. . . can drive 'ya bananas! I made the original change (using the parenthesis) weeks ago because I thought it looked better aesthetically, but never noticed that in doing so, I had inadvertently screwed up the shipping.

Thanks Again, Billy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00