Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Admin Timeout when viewing orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  01:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vs. 6.09 SQL2005 hosted at Alentus

Everything in admin works, but lately when I click on "view orders" it takes so long, I get a Server Timeout error. This was always extremely slow, compared to everything else clickable in administration. But even with one order, it takes forever, then I receive the following error.

Sometimes I get the usual Server Timeout error
Active Server Pages, ASP 0113 (0x80004005)
The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
/shopa_displayorders.asp

...but other times I receive the following:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (Ox800A0006)
Overflow: 'cint'
/shop$db.asp, line 588

Alentus says they cannot increase IIS timeout more than it already is.

This is a bit of a problem! Any ideas?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  02:33:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you should change "cint" to "clng", because cint only deals with a few figures, whereas clng will do the same thing but cater for larger numbers. I think vpasp fixed that on their latest versions.

If your default type-of-orders to query is set to all, then it's probably worth changing the default of the poplist to only show unprocessed orders. Another thing is to change the default ordering to be orderid descending instead of ascending as that avoids the database from having to jump through the full set of orders when clicking on the last-page link.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 12 2007 02:35:12
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  15:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon,

I changed "cint" to "clng" and this may have helped. It still times out, but if the script happens to run quick enough (45 secs) it does work. All other settings are as you suggested.

Frustrating though. Even clicking on "Mark as Processed" results in an eventual timeout error. If I had a dollar for every minute I sit, looking at the monitor. . . waiting for something to happen. . .

Is there a bug in the asp page/script vs. 6.09 do you think? I have no problems on my other site using vs. 5.5
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 12 2007 :  15:41:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that's very slow (45 seconds) - we've got a client who has so many order records that they often need to archive some of the older ones off so that they don't run out of database space, but even they only have a couple of seconds' delay when going to the view-orders screen (they're using 5.5)

so if you always had a long delay then it might be worth investigating if there's something awry with the orders table (eg missing indexes, or mis-defined columns), or if there's a customisation in place somewhere which is doing a sub-query that's causing it to take an undue amount of time.

or, if you're using an access database then it'd be worth checking to see if there's an ldb (lock) file being left-over where the mdb file is (some hosts might not have the access jet engine setup properly on the server and that can sometimes cause the access database to lock-up even when cursors are opened in read-only mode; leaving-behind an ldb file is a tell-tale sign of that happening)

or, paradoxically, it might be if you select unprocessed-only or paid-only that you get a delay? (ie maybe it's being slowed-down by checking the status against the list of valid payment types etc)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 12 2007 15:44:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000