Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Beta testers needed for version 650!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  20:11:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Finally we are ready to set version 650 free for beta testing.

If you are interested in beta testing please get in touch with us through our online help desk.

You will need to have a current order id to be able to receive a copy of the beta release.

Thanks!
Cam

VP-ASP Support

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  21:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if this is the right place to report a possible bug in 6.5 beta version that I am working with. I noticed that the Feature product does not populate even when the test products in the database are set to be included in the Featured product list.

Has anyone else noticed this for those that are currently beta testing? I even went ahead to include all the demo pdts in the product field in th efeatured list and still no product displays on the featured list page.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  22:03:58  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have tested this in my copy and haven't had any problems.

Are you able to post this in our helpdesk (http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk) with your FTP details and we can look into this for you?

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - February 28 2007 :  05:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am testing on my local machine at the moment using Access db and so do not currently have any ftp to provide. Unless I am doing some thing wrong, what I have done is to set "Include in Featured Products" to YES on all the products and not a single one of them showed up in the Featured Product box on the home page as they should.

I have not added any new product and is using the supplied shop demo products, so I do not believe there is anything I have done wrong.

Could this be a bug with Access db?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  06:47:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Goshen,

Can you try updating it so it says True instead of Yes to see if this makes a difference.

It shouldn't but as I cannot replicate locally either I am not sure what else could be doing it.

Is there no chance you can upload to a remote host so we can have a look for you?

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 02 2007 :  20:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded the files to the server and is now using MSSQL server. It works fine with SQLServer. I can still confirm that there is issues when I tried to use MSAccess.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 02 2007 :  21:53:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting us know. If you can contact us through our help desk we have a new support tool that we are trialling that may enable us to assist with your local site.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robertof
Starting Member

Italy
22 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  12:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In VP-ASP 6.50:
1) when the admin views an order the credit card number is not decripted.
2) when I export data for Access, the boolean fields (True/False) are converted in the language of the system (e.g. in italian: VERO/FALSO); I corrected this issue changing shopa_export.asp
3) I add xdelcardno (yesNofield) to be set dinamically if the credit card number is deleted when the order is checked as processed.
I also changed shopa_displayorders.asp in this mode:
at row 515
-----------
sql= "update orders set oprocessed = 1"
If getconfig("xdelcardno")="Yes" then
sql = sql & ", ocardno = 0000"
end if
sql = sql & " where orderid =" & item
------------
4) I ask to add xaffiliatesON (yesNofield) for active use of affiliaties and relative menu;
5) I ask, if possible, to do email templates in different languages:
- create a subdirectory TemplateEmail;
- create a subdirectory for every language used or "OTHER" directory;
- set a default email language for the merchant, in the shop setup;
- use a email template in same customer language (e.g.: if the customer views the shop in ENGLISH, the shop will get the email template located in the directory "TemplateEmail/ENGLISH" or if not exists will get the template located into the "TemplateEmail/OTHER" directory (or "TemplateEmail/" + language of the merchant).
6) I ask to add a "file manager" online for manage the directory of images (e.g. to delete the image when a product is deleted). I use WUMPUS (http://nscripts.havocaos.com/wumpus/features.asp) it's free, but the system security of VP-ASP (user logged) will have to be implemented.
7) Add a function to manage urchin as e-commerce site. For more details view http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=27203&topic=7282
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 06 2007 :  01:29:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

1. The card number is only viewable o nthe order full description page. It is encrypted in all other displays deliberately.

2. Can you post this one in our help desk so our tech team can work with you on the solution?

3. We will not add this alternative to the full version for security reasons. Version 6.50 is a very secure solution and even then we do not recommend storing credit cards at all in the system just in case.

We understand however that some merchants do need to have access to the card numbers and so have provided a compromise that allows merchants to print the order and then when they process the card number is automatically deleted. I would strongly recommend not changing this.

4. Any functionality changes we can look at for version 7.00 as we have now gone live with version 6.50. if you can post in our wishlist forum we will be able to look at this when we are further down the track.

5. You can send emails in the language selected by the customer however you cannot use templates for this. This option is available turned on by default out of the box.

6. We are considering adding a file manager as a module once VP-ASP 6.50 is bedded down. Currently you can upload and modify the sizes and resolution of images using the default package and the ASPJpeg add-on but being able to delete images from the server is not yet implemented.

7. The ability to add your urchin is already present within the full versions.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robertof
Starting Member

Italy
22 Posts

Posted - March 06 2007 :  12:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your answer.
2) I added the code below at row 204 of shopa_export.asp

if ucase(fieldvalue)="VERO" then
			fieldvalue="TRUE"
		end if
		if ucase(fieldvalue)="FALSO" then
			fieldvalue="FALSE"
		end if

but I think it's better if the "VERO" and "FALSO" will be set as costants (xTrue, xFalse) so anyone can use them also in shopimport.asp
Or you can test the type of the field and set - export value "TRUE" and "FALSE" -

4) In the future when I'll use the plus version (option package installed) it would be fine to have a flag to use or not the option distinctly;

5) If it's possible it will be perfect to set up also templates in different languages;

--- NEW REQUEST :)

8) When I delete a category with products, products in that category are not deleted, which is correct, but there is a "tool" to manage these "orphaned" products? (also for product features);

9) If possible I wish you'll add a function that when a not-logged customer goes to checkout, asks the login and after that continues with checkout skipping the customer menu.
These can be also solved adding the minicart at the bottom of the customer menu (shopcustadmin.asp), to simplyfy the chekcout process.

TIA, roberto
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 08 2007 :  07:22:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Roberto,

Some of these are interesting ideas and we will look into them for future releases.

Thanks!
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00