Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 "response buffer "
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  16:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one particular catagory that is causing this error to appear ........... any ideas why ?

Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'

Response Buffer Limit Exceeded

/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp, line 0

Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.

PAUL

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  21:59:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it usually happens because the html on the page being generated is too long; it's possible that one/more of the products in that category have a large number of sub-items/details to display (or there are too many products on the page, eg records-per-page is very high)

try the following:

1) in shop$db.asp, change:

<%Response.buffer=TRUE%>

to

<%Response.buffer=False%>

(that'll force the server to return the html to the browser as/when it gets worked out rather than waiting for the whole page to generate before sending any of it back)

if that doesn't fix it, then temporarily add this to shopdisplayproducts.asp:

just above this line:
objRS1.MoveNext

add the following new line:

Response.Flush

(that'll output the current buffer and then clear it again)

if you do that, it should then display and you'll hopefully be able to spot which product(s) are overly long. You can keep those lines in there if you like; they shouldn't do any harm.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 09 2007 22:00:22
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  15:02:50  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We have had some customers report this issue since the addition of new code to allow translation of text in templates.

If you have any ~ or ^ characters in your product records, try removing them and the issue should go away.

In 6.50, we have replaced the use of ~ and ^ with a new template function, to stop these types of issues occurring.

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  18:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks , thanks for your replies .
There are some catagories with more products so i beleive it might be the database issue .partuculary as this symbol ... " Â " has started appearing everywhere ...... mmmmm .. further investigation required !! Its partculary prevelant just before £ ( pound signs )

I seem to rememebr my host said he had lost everything and it all had to be re-installed from a backup ... and I think this appeared afterwards ... any thoughts on this further issue appreciated

PAUL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00