Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding/Using customer field in shipping calculatio
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fuulbuddy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 08 2007 :  13:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I am using an older version of VP-ASP (4.50, I believe), and need to add an "Address Type" field (Business or Residential) in order to add a different shipping cost for each type.

I can add the field to the customer information page, and make it required, but would like to make the field either a drop down selection or a radio button selection. Where do I do this?

Also, I would like to add a method to the HandleByPriceRange function (using that for pricerange caluclations already) that will take that field and do the calculations... how do I retrieve the value of that field from the customer table?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Dan

fuulbuddy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  16:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok... is this the wrong forum for this question? is there any solution for this request?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  16:50:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dan,

What you are asking for are relatively detailed coding changes as you will not only need to include a new option on the customer page you will also need to alter the shipping logic to check for the new field and display the relevant pricing structure.

I am sure there are developers on here would be happy to get in touch if you would like a quote to do this one.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00