Adding/Using customer field in shipping calculatio
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 08 2007 :  13:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I am using an older version of VP-ASP (4.50, I believe), and need to add an "Address Type" field (Business or Residential) in order to add a different shipping cost for each type.

I can add the field to the customer information page, and make it required, but would like to make the field either a drop down selection or a radio button selection. Where do I do this?

Also, I would like to add a method to the HandleByPriceRange function (using that for pricerange caluclations already) that will take that field and do the calculations... how do I retrieve the value of that field from the customer table?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  16:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok... is this the wrong forum for this question? is there any solution for this request?
Go to Top of Page

4263 Posts

Posted - February 13 2007 :  16:50:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dan,

What you are asking for are relatively detailed coding changes as you will not only need to include a new option on the customer page you will also need to alter the shipping logic to check for the new field and display the relevant pricing structure.

I am sure there are developers on here would be happy to get in touch if you would like a quote to do this one.

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000