Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Sub Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AquaticCo
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - January 31 2007 :  18:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using VPASP 6.09 how do you add sub products. Every time I press the add Sub Products button from the products page it takes me to the bulk update page. It then adds the same product as a sub product that I started with?

Thanks

Doug

Doug McIntyre
President AquaticCo

baseline
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - February 01 2007 :  03:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh this is not entirelly obviously at the start - you need to make the actually sub-product first, then add it on to the 'parent' product. The parent product needs to have table option selected at bottom of form. We use sub-products and usually just add the parent product catalogid (i.e: 0567) to the 'highercatalogid' field in the sub-product.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 01 2007 :  18:31:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug,

We have coded the add product function in this way to streamline adding multiple sub products.

You insert the number of child products you want to create, select the display type and then click add.

So if your product has 5 child products there will now be 5 new records in the database. This means you do not have to add 1 by 1.

The bulk update page allows you to then edit all child products you have created in one go rather than having to do it individually.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00