Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Search Link
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - January 14 2007 :  13:37:36  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can anyone help with creating a link for a search? I have tried all on the vpasp help site and can not figure it out. what i want is a link for a search of the fields pother1 and level3. but i do not want it to show up with the subproducts as a difrent product. If you need further explination then i could take screenshoots of what i want the search link to look like.

any help would be GREAT.

Thanks,
Kory

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 14 2007 :  21:15:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kory,

If you have a look at shopsamplelinks.htm in the folder where your shopping cart files are located there are some sample s in there that may be of use.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  16:01:26  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
none of those links will do what i am looking for?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  17:58:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe try posting a link to some screenshots and someone may have done something similar to what you need?

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  20:57:47  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, here is one of the ways that i was told to do the link......
crittersmagic.com/shopquery.asp?pother1=8th&level3=R
but that creates this. http://www.crittersmagic.com/search/wrong.jpg Here is a screenshot. But that is not how i want it to be.

http://www.crittersmagic.com/search/setup.jpg Here is the way that
i set my search up to get the results of what i am looking for.

http://www.crittersmagic.com/search/correct.jpg Here is the way
that i would like to link to show the results.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  22:54:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I can see what the problem is now.

We have a fix so only parent products will display when searching however it does mean that child products cannot be searched on. You will need to ensure the keywords for the child products and in the parent product itself.

Locate the following sub in shopproductcreatesql.asp

If getconfig("xselectproductsbylanguage")="Yes" and getsess("language")<>"" then
sql=sql & " and clanguage='" & getsess("language") & "'"
end if

Add a new line below and paste in:

sql = sql & " AND (highercatalogid is null)"

Save and test.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - January 16 2007 :  07:14:17  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, i have tried in all spots where that line is at.... around 68,197,266,407,503,541,879 and nothing has changed.

now i did not add it after ALL of them at once tho.

Kory
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 16 2007 :  14:54:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apologies, you only need to add it to the one in the QueryGenerateSQl sub routine.

If this doesn't work you may need to post this into our help desk and our support team will investigate for you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00