Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Bulk import errors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrenshaw
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  21:18:20  Show Profile  Visit mrenshaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I’m trying to import categories but when try I get the following error:
• Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A005E)
Invalid use of Null: 'clng'
/aspshop/shopa_import.asp, line 767
• Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
• Page:
POST 129 bytes to /aspshop/shopa_import.asp
• POST Data:
filename=import%2Fcategories.csv&tablename=categories&matchfield=categoryid&importdelimiter=%3B&ResultsFlag=Yes&action=+Continue+
I don’t even change the file and I get the error. Any Ideas?

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  21:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try using | as the delimiter and make sure that every value in enclosed in quotes.
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  11:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another help is to use Simon's (BYZ) code change so that TAB becomes the delimiter instead of CSV.

It's really amazing and frustrating how many little things can cause a bulk uplod to fail: commas in descriptions, certain characters, etc. One that caused me the biggest headache was invisible carriage returns. I would take an entire column of cdescription, cut and paste to Word, and then scroll (of Find/Replace) these culprits. Just one incorrect character, or carriage return, and the upload fails. Nothing more fun than scrolling through hundreds of products looking for the one little goof. . .

Edited by - rvaga on January 11 2007 11:32:01
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  15:32:34  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's the link for "How can I import tab-separated files in vpasp?" (not an addon; just a free set of notes on how you can do it)....

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=442&CATE=8

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000