Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Date Format: Admin, Receipt, etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  11:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do we change the date format that appears everywhere

To: Wednesday/January 10, 2007

The way it is now is confusing, not a US format. Thanks.

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  13:23:24  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Go to Admin Console - Set up - and search on xdateformat in the Search field top right corner.

They have some examples, but didn't see what you wanted. Sure there's a way to do it though.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  19:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I did that and have xdateformat set to mm/dd/yyyy but that appears to have nothing to do with emails and admin, etc. showing it as "January/Wednesday 10/2007". Guess I'll be lost in code-hell for a while trying to find it unless vpASP Support chimes in. Client doesn't like in this nonsensical format.
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  19:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think you'll need to change the xlcid for that
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  19:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I'm not familiar with xlcid. What is that and what value should it be for US? Currently in Setup it is blank.

***EDIT *** I found a google reference and set it to 2048 (and 1033) which looks like a US format but it didn't make any difference to the display of the date in Admin, etc. Still shows as:

"Order Number 7 - December/Thursday 28/2006 1:00:03 PM"

Edited by - nxpage on January 10 2007 20:05:02
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 12 2007 :  15:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still haven't found solution/fix. Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 12 2007 :  15:31:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have not seen dates display like this.

It may be a server set-up issue as date displays are controlled at the server level.

If you would like our team to investigate for you please feel free to submit a query in our help desk

Thanks
Cam
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 12 2007 :  16:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't believe it's a server issue because the dates display correctly everywhere else EXCEPT in a few specific places. All the grids show the correct date format as mm/dd/yyyy, even advance query in Admin for select * from Orders returns odate as mm/dd/yyyy.

Example of places it returns the format as January/Friday 12/2007 is

1. Customer email confirmation (tmp_customeremail.txt) - Date of Order: [odate]

2. Frontend: shopthanks.asp receipt page presented after order placed at top of page ( Order Number 51017 - January/Friday 12/2007 4:30:11 PM )

3. Admin: shopa_formatorder.asp?oid=xxxx when viewing order at top of page ( Order Number 51017 - January/Friday 12/2007 4:30:11 PM )

In shopa_displayorders.asp and other places it shows correctly.

Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 12 2007 :  19:19:04  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just reviewed this post again and checked a few of our carts. On the SHOPA-FORMATORDER.ASP page is shows as follows:

Order Number 6218 - January/Friday 12/2007 6:53:34 PM (xdateformat = mm/dd/yyyy)

Order Number 5207 - January Friday 5 2007 10:30:48 AM (xdateformat = mm dd yyyy)

These 2 carts are on 2 different web hosts, both using MS SQL server for db. And a 3rd one still in development looks like order 5207 but is using Access db. Both are US or Canada based, so I assume servers are set to US date-formatting.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 13 2007 :  13:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you elammers! It appears to be in the function Shopdateformat in shop$db. The logic was wrong to display mm/dd/yyyy. I redid it and now it works fine.
Go to Top of Page

dafragan
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  22:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Is it that the xdateformat in your admin is not mm/dd/yyyy or is it something wrong with the shopdateformat in shop$db.asp?

Seb
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 15 2007 :  22:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our xdateformat has been mm/dd/yyyy all along. I changed the following lines in shop$db for function Shopdateformat and then it displayed correctly:

REPLACED:
strDate = weekdayname(weekday(iDate)) & " " & datepart("d",iDate)

WITH:
strDate = datepart("d",iDate)

REPLACED
strDate = monthname(month(iDate))

WITH
strDate = month(iDate)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000